Thread: The Boob Issue

Registered User FooFooCuddlyPoops's Avatar
    Images

Default The Boob Issue

Hey ladies!

Backpacks and Big Boops. How do you guys deal with the chest strap? My strap flattens my breasts down to my knees. Seriously....>.< Its bad enough my hip belt gives me a muffin top from hell.

The chest strap also seems to dig in to the sides of my chest as well.

sounds like you need a different pack?
    AT '16: 1,378 miles GA-NY

trail journal
    // blog

Chest strap locations are usually adjustable up and down. You probably want move it higher up. It should also be snug, but not so tight it pinches you. It's just there to help keep the shoulder straps from sliding off your shoulders.

If there are other adjustments, like torso length, it would be a good idea to have someone help you fit the pack to your body.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

It all depends on the type of pack and the type of shoulder straps. Are we talking about a newer, women's pack? Do you have regular shoulder straps, or that special S-shaped shoulder strap? Can you adjust the sternum strap, or is it fixed in place?

If the pack fits great otherwise, then maybe just a strap extender for your sternum strap? That would give you a bit more space.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Chest strap locations are usually adjustable up and down. You probably want move it higher up. It should also be snug, but not so tight it pinches you. It's just there to help keep the shoulder straps from sliding off your shoulders.

If there are other adjustments, like torso length, it would be a good idea to have someone help you fit the pack to your body.
    This is a really good suggestion, FooFoo. Visit an REI or other outfitter and get somebody to help out. Doesn't have to be a woman, just somebody who understands what all the straps and clips and buckles are about.

Journal Entries

I hesitate to post this in female forum, but pertinent

Ive had several packs that REQUIRED chest strap usage to keep straps in front of shoulders, with tension

Ive got one pack that it is unnecessary on . its my current goto pack.

All packs are not the same, and some very popular packs are maldesigned or simply dont fit certain bodies well.

You CAN get a pack that requires no chest strap usage or load lifter usage, or at least so minimal it isnt an issue.

Wearing a pack is more pleasurable when you find this.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 03-15-2016 at 13:40.

I have the same issue.....I feel for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by FooFooCuddlyPoops View Post
    Hey ladies!

Backpacks and Big Boops. How do you guys deal with the chest strap? My strap flattens my breasts down to my knees. Seriously....>.< Its bad enough my hip belt gives me a muffin top from hell.

The chest strap also seems to dig in to the sides of my chest as well.
    Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

ULA has a S shaped shoulder straps as an option.

++ New Posts ++