WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Fancy feast stove

So I made 4 of these this afternoon. 3 work fine. One won't produce a flame on 1/4 to 1/3 around the ring. Has anyone ran into this? Reasons why it might be happening?. For the most part everything was done the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journal Entries
    Images

You said they were all pretty much made the same ?
    Was there any wind or weather differences between testing these.
    I usually make mine with sixteen holes around top and sixteen underneath of them ,they seem to always be working fine,knock on wood.
    I actually prefer my fancy feast stoves over my vargo alcohol stove.
    The only thing I think of to answer your question though other than the wind is obviously something is keeping it from priming on that section,hmmm ,level surface? clean holes no snags or plugs left in on accident ?

No holes and no wind tested inside. This picture isn't of the defective stove. Just showing what type. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458521160.480967.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Somebody had that same problem somewhere in this thread:

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthre...ncyfeast-Stove
    Zelph I emailed you and wanted to buy some stoves and you never responded!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sethd513 View Post
    Zelph I emailed you and wanted to buy some stoves and you never responded!

Use the contact form on my store home page, it has the correct email address:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

I've those little stoves. I used one exclusively for a few years. I never really out too much thought into the holes, just did two rows.

Images

Andrew Skurka used a Fancy Feast stove up until the year 2015 and then switched to what he refers to as the "Cadillac"

http://andrewskurka.com/2015/gear-li...-the-cadillac/

If I'm not mistaken, I think there's some difference of terminology in this thread about stoves. My understanding is that a stove made out of a single Fancy Feast cat food can with (usually) two rows of holes punched around the rim is called a "Cat" stove or maybe a "Super Cat" stove whereas, the style made with a Fancy Feast cat food can AND a straight section of an aluminum stadium bottle (or sometimes a V-8 can) separated by a ring of either fiberglass cloth or carbon fiber cloth is called a "Fancee Feest" stove.

I'm not trying to be a nit picker but just trying to get everyone on the he same page.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by orthofingers View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think there's some difference of terminology in this thread about stoves. My understanding is that a stove made out of a single Fancy Feast cat food can with (usually) two rows of holes punched around the rim is called a "Cat" stove or maybe a "Super Cat" stove whereas, the style made with a Fancy Feast cat food can AND a straight section of an aluminum stadium bottle (or sometimes a V-8 can) separated by a ring of either fiberglass cloth or carbon fiber cloth is called a "Fancee Feest" stove.

I'm not trying to be a nit picker but just trying to get everyone on the he same page.
    Let's be nit pickers :-))))

The "Original" was made with a Fancy Feast cat food can, stainless steel mesh and fiberglass cloth as the wicking material. View the thread in this forum that gives the history of the original Fancee Feest:

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthre...ncyfeast-Stove

Now were all on the same page

What's the preferred diameter pot for this stove? 95mm doesn't seem to cut it so is 115mm better? Would 130mm be best or to big?

What's the preferred diameter pot for this stove? 95mm doesn't seem to cut it so is 115mm better? Would 130mm be best or to big?

I use it with my 95mm Toaks 650ml almost exclusively and do not have any problems. What issues are you having?
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

u are going to have to do some testing ! What size pot uses the least fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    I use it with my 95mm Toaks 650ml almost exclusively and do not have any problems. What issues are you having?
    I'm getting around a 15 minute boil with the fancy feast and 30 ml of fuel and a full toaks 750 95mm. My red bull stove does it around 10 but needs37 ml.

What do u use for a wick ? Carbon felt works good . I don't use boil times . Just put boiling water with food then in a cozy . So I test how much fuel it takes to get 2 cups of water to boil.

Not sure what your red bull design is, but if it is a capillary action stove, they (CAS) are a hotter design thus consuming more fuel and reducing boil time.

Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    Not sure what your red bull design is, but if it is a capillary action stove, they (CAS) are a hotter design thus consuming more fuel and reducing boil time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyou View Post
    What do u use for a wick ? Carbon felt works good . I don't use boil times . Just put boiling water with food then in a cozy . So I test how much fuel it takes to get 2 cups of water to boil.
    The wicking material is fiberglass mesh.

The redbull stove is the same as shown in the video above. CAS

carbon felt may work better then fiberglass . Stoves that absorb all the fuel can't spill.

++ New Posts ++