Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hip Hickies?!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Belle View Post
    Or take a cue from Augusten Burrough's mom in "Running with Scissors" and use maxi pads.
    Yeah... Not so sure I would personally take any advice from her.

My stance remains the same regarding maxi pads. For me, they would not be a long-term solution to a gear issue. Fine for a field patch, but for me it would not be the
    solution.

What pants do you wear?

If I wear pants with thick waist material or belt loops, they tend to give me a similar problem. It also occurs if the pant drop lower than the pack belt.

I solved my problem with running shorts or mountain hardware pants that have the integrated belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat View Post
    Yeah... Not so sure I would personally take any advice from her.

My stance remains the same regarding maxi pads. For me, they would not be a long-term solution to a gear issue. Fine for a field patch, but for me it would not be the
    solution.
    I'm with you and wouldn't use a maxi pad as anything except a short-term solution. They do not hold up to a lot of friction and sweat and can cause terrible chafing. The edges of a pad are no different than having a pant seam next to your skin.

Body Glide is great stuff and might help.

Would an aftermarket seat belt cover fit? Otherwise I'd buy a cheap life preserver, some sort of closed cell foam covered by that nylon fabric. Chop it up and find some way to sew it into a sleeve to go over the hip belt, or otherwise attach it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    Would an aftermarket seat belt cover fit? Otherwise I'd buy a cheap life preserver, some sort of closed cell foam covered by that nylon fabric. Chop it up and find some way to sew it into a sleeve to go over the hip belt, or otherwise attach it.
    This was an option for an extremely skinny scout. Blue closed-cell pad cut to fit, covered in nylon, sewed to hip belt. It may provide more cushioning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++