Journal Entries
    Images

Default over night next week on Wednesday at the citrus tract ...

Planning on doing an overnighter on the citrus tract next week on Wednesday afternoon,and camping at either taylor campground or youngblood campground and doing A hike on the D loop or somewhere about fifteen miles total.
    I fanyone is interested shoot me A pm.

I wish I could. I have plans this weekend, and next weekend.

I usually park at Mutual Mine Recreational area, hike the 12 mile route to the campsite in D loop, then do the 8 mile return route to my truck.

However, I've gone out there 3 times solo, and never been alone at the campsites. Kind of like on the AT, hiking may be solitary but camping usually ends up with a group... it's fun meeting new people. Hikers are usually great people.

Have fun.

P.S. There is a water source near the campsite on D loop, but it's milky looking (lime stone?) ... it's easy to cache a gallon of water on the trail near the parking area less than a mile from the campsite - before you park and start your hike.

Journal Entries
    Images

P.S. There is a water source near the campsite on D loop, but it's milky looking (lime stone?) ... it's easy to cache a gallon of water on the trail near the parking area less than a mile from the campsite - before you park and start your hike.
    I have heard of the pump there at jackson camp but have never needed it(knock on wood)..
    I usually cache water at a few key parts while im hiking that tract.
    And have been trail majik some water as of lately because it is so close to my house.
    I have generally been going out there every Wednesday night and hiking and camping then hiking out.
    Anytime you want to join just drop me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by left52side View Post
    I have heard of the pump there at jackson camp but have never needed it(knock on wood)..
    I usually cache water at a few key parts while im hiking that tract.
    And have been trail majik some water as of lately because it is so close to my house.
    I have generally been going out there every Wednesday night and hiking and camping then hiking out.
    Anytime you want to join just drop me a pm.
    I looked for the hand pump the first time I camped there, didn't find it. I think you have to backtrack to the horse trail and follow it to find the hand pump.

Next time I go out, I'll drop you a pm.

Journal Entries
    Images

Ok ill be camping on the west section of D loop this Wednesday(tomorrow night) at youngblood camp on the citrus tract and am doing the D loop on Thursday if anyone wants to join please feel free to,im tring out new gear and just enjoying my day off.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by left52side View Post
    Planning on doing an overnighter on the citrus tract next week on Wednesday afternoon,and camping at either taylor campground or youngblood campground and doing A hike on the D loop or somewhere about fifteen miles total.
    I fanyone is interested shoot me A pm.
    I'm a little busy right now but I will look you up when I get back in town. You're a great hiking partner. Bobby on the trail.
    "Son, your level of competence is directly proportional to your mistakes, but don't hit that car coming" - My Dad while teaching me to drive

Journal Entries
    Images

[QUOTEI'm a little busy right now but I will look you up when I get back in town. You're a great hiking partner. Bobby on the trail.][/QUOTE]

How do you have time for florum blogging right now lol...
    Hope your having A blast buddy and its everything you hoped it would be.( I know it is ).
    I was gonna make A post about an old fart I know hiking the trail but just couldn't figure out where to put it lol.
    Just joking obviously,and you my friend are A great hiking partner as well,I bet when you get back you will be ready for some flat pine barrens .
    Happy trails bud.

Looks like I'll be heading out there on the 16th for an over-nighter. Gotta get a new water filter and/or aqua mira drops first. Also need to treat clothes again for ticks... bought the concentrate from Tractor Supply.

Journal Entries
    Images

Back at it next Wednesday (4-20-16) for an overnighter on the citrus tract .
    Giving A bit more notice this week.
    I will be staying at youngblood campground(three mile hike from tillis hill rec area) and spending a overnight then hiking the south west section of the D loop to taylor campground and to where trail crosses hwy 480 .
    Roughly A 16 mile hike for thursday.
    Anyone obviously welcome and encouraged to join me .

One of these days we'll meet up, but during the week is tough for me since it's almost 2 hrs away and I work M - F.

Last night at Taylor, I was blown away with the lightening bugs... I haven't seen that many since I was a kid!

On the way back this morning, I saw a huge Eastern Coachwhip snake... about a 7 footer! Very cool snake. Never seen one before.

Journal Entries
    Images

One of these days we'll meet up, but during the week is tough for me since it's almost 2 hrs away and I work M - F.
    Defiantly will have to.
    Weekends are really tough for me being im in the restaurant business and it is my busiest time but we will make something happen.

Last night at Taylor, I was blown away with the lightening bugs... I haven't seen that many since I was a kid!
    That is awesome about taylor,look forward to it this week,hopefully i'll be able to catch some sites.

On the way back this morning, I saw a huge Eastern Coachwhip snake... about a 7 footer! Very cool snake. Never seen one before.
    On my loop hike I seen three black snakes a bunny a deer and a coral snake,coral snake was right in middle of the trail,had to look close to see if it was a coral or king buut was defiantly a coral snake.
    was pretty cool to see one of them haven't seen one since I was A kid.
    Also at youngblood heard the coyotes really close that night I was there week before last.
    And pretty sure I seen fresh bear sh#! on the trail lower western D loop.

I may be free on Weds, September 14th for an overnighter. ..
    Think we can get a small group to meet up?

Journal Entries
    Images

Dave im flying out tomorrow for my thru hike of the SHT...
    Will be putting lots of miles on the FT this winter .
    If I die trying now I wont die wondering how life could have turned out.....

++ New Posts ++