Thread: Suunto Ambit2

Default Suunto Ambit2

Have any ladies tried the Suunto Ambit2 watch? It is unisex and has a fixed band so I'm concerned about the fit. My wrist is 6.25".

My wife's wrist is 6" and while she can wear my Ambit 2 and still have a couple of slots more to tighten it down, she notes that it may rub against your wrist bone if it protrudes a bit. She usually wore it with a sweat band under the strap which moved the watch away from the bone.

I'm 5'5'' and about 235 lbs and I am starting my thru-hike on April 5. I have been conditioning and trying to help with my hike, including seeing a personal trainer at a local gym. But from what I have, there are all shapes and sizes out there on the trial. I am not going to let my weight stand in my way, it may mean that I am a little bit slower in the beginning but every step I take will make me stronger.

Sorry guys... I posted in the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    My wife's wrist is 6" and while she can wear my Ambit 2 and still have a couple of slots more to tighten it down, she notes that it may rub against your wrist bone if it protrudes a bit. She usually wore it with a sweat band under the strap which moved the watch away from the bone.
    Thank you! The local REI has the Ambit 3 so I'm going to try it tomorrow with the assumption that the fit is similar to the Ambit 2. It's impossible to find a ladies, multi-sport watch with a long battery life and navigation capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthsstewart View Post
    I'm 5'5'' and about 235 lbs and I am starting my thru-hike on April 5. I have been conditioning and trying to help with my hike, including seeing a personal trainer at a local gym. But from what I have, there are all shapes and sizes out there on the trial. I am not going to let my weight stand in my way, it may mean that I am a little bit slower in the beginning but every step I take will make me stronger.
    No problem. You go girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    . . . It's impossible to find a ladies, multi-sport watch with a long battery life and navigation capabilities.
    If you are looking for a GPS enabled watch, everything including the Ambit has a short battery life when GPS is enabled. That being said, the Garmin watches come in womens' versions that may or may not address some of your concerns about the fit of the Suunto.

Also, if you carry a cell phone, you might find that you can use the GPS in your cell phone to meet your GPS navigation needs allowing the use of a watch with a smaller battery and thus a physically smaller watch.

Good luck.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by nsherry61 View Post
    If you are looking for a GPS enabled watch, everything including the Ambit has a short battery life when GPS is enabled. That being said, the Garmin watches come in womens' versions that may or may not address some of your concerns about the fit of the Suunto.

Also, if you carry a cell phone, you might find that you can use the GPS in your cell phone to meet your GPS navigation needs allowing the use of a watch with a smaller battery and thus a physically smaller watch.

Good luck.
    Yeah, I'm not going to find one that has everything on my wish list. I tried on the Ambit3 and it's too heavy. I was specifically interested in the Ambit2 because it has what I want and is $270 vs $500+ for new models of Suunto and Garmin.

I can use my cell phone for navigation but hoped to get everything on one device.

First World problems.

++ New Posts ++