WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
    My SMD Wild Oasis (same as Lunar Solo, but without floor) survived over 1 foot of heavy, wet snow on the PA Mid State Trail on April 23. It also did well in high winds nearly at the summit of James Peak in CO.
    Did you experience much sagging in the material? I bought it because of all the good reviews and will still use it, just want to know

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    Did you experience much sagging in the material? I bought it because of all the good reviews and will still use it, just want to know
    It definitely sagged under the snow load. I would wake up when it sagged enough to reach my head and wake me up. I slapped the side of the tarp and the snow slid off. Then I pushed the snow out away from the netting skirt at the bottom to maintain ventilation. I had tensioners on all the guy lines that I could reach from inside the tarp by reaching under the net skirt, although you can't do that with the LunarSolo because it has a sewn in floor.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++