WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking at Amicalola

I want to park my truck at Amicalola and get shuttled north and hike back. Is there parking for 4-5 days at Amicalola State Park?

Yes. there is plenty of parking.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Yes. there is plenty of parking.
    Cool. Thank you very much.

I'm going to contact one of the shuttle services and get shuttled north from there.

Could you post who you contacted and the result we are NOBO starting May 9th and going to go for about 9 days and need a ride back to Amicalola. Your person may be the same one I need just a different direction.

@ Nodust, I'm also (still) looking for a shuttle from Unicoi to Amicalola in mid-May - no luck setting up anything - all the numbers/emails I've found either no longer work or folks aren't doing shuttles for various reasons. Would love a recommendation if anyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherNC View Post
    @ Nodust, I'm also (still) looking for a shuttle from Unicoi to Amicalola in mid-May - no luck setting up anything - all the numbers/emails I've found either no longer work or folks aren't doing shuttles for various reasons. Would love a recommendation if anyone has one.
    I haven't contacted anyone yet. I'll be there on May 24th. I'm going to work on that next week and will post results.

Call Ron Brown - 706-669-0919

I have used him in the past and had a great experience. Reasonably priced and very friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by soumodeler View Post
    Call Ron Brown - 706-669-0919

I have used him in the past and had a great experience. Reasonably priced and very friendly.
    Just contacted Ron. All setup.

Can't wait to hit the trail.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    Just contacted Ron. All setup.

Can't wait to hit the trail.

Thanks for everyone's help.
    Nodust, where are you starting your hike at? I am trying to figure out a section for that area for around a 5 day hike. Not sure if I should hike NOBO or SOBO. I think I like your idea, that way your not depending on having to be at a pickup point by a certain day/time.

Just left my car there for 5 days on a section. Just register it in the park office (it's free) and it'll be fine.
    - Trail name: Thumper

It is not free to park at Amicalola. It is $5 per day or $55 for a yearly pass.

Quote Originally Posted by southernfire97 View Post
    Nodust, where are you starting your hike at? I am trying to figure out a section for that area for around a 5 day hike. Not sure if I should hike NOBO or SOBO. I think I like your idea, that way your not depending on having to be at a pickup point by a certain day/time.
    Just did SOBO from Hogpen gap to Visitors center. Just under 50 miles. I enjoyed going against the grain of most hikers. Got to meet many different people. Finished in four days instead of five. So spent Saturday giving trail magic at Unicoi gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by soumodeler View Post
    It is not free to park at Amicalola. It is $5 per day or $55 for a yearly pass.
    Guess I got a good deal then. Told them my intentions, they charged me 5 to get in the park, but that was it, not daily. ?? I forgot about the park entrance fee.
    - Trail name: Thumper

As for shuttles, is Uber an option? Or does that work mainly in larger towns and cities?

no über in the area

++ New Posts ++