WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Transcriber for Lewis and Clark Trail Journal?

Hi All,

I'm about 700 miles into my journey along the Lewis and Clark Trail. http://bucktrack.com/Lewis_and_Clark_Trail.html

So far I've been able to update my website journal daily myself, but there will be some days ahead (20?, 50?) where I won't have cell coverage. I'm getting a DeLorme Inreach in a few days for this and future trips.

I'm looking for someone who would like to update my journal with brief daily texts I will send via the Inreach, and to update my Google map with a daily position.

It's not vital that someone does this, so please only volunteer if you think it would be fun.

Thanks!

Colter

Quote Originally Posted by Colter View Post
    Hi All,

I'm about 700 miles into my journey along the Lewis and Clark Trail. http://bucktrack.com/Lewis_and_Clark_Trail.html

So far I've been able to update my website journal daily myself, but there will be some days ahead (20?, 50?) where I won't have cell coverage. I'm getting a DeLorme Inreach in a few days for this and future trips.

I'm looking for someone who would like to update my journal with brief daily texts I will send via the Inreach, and to update my Google map with a daily position.

It's not vital that someone does this, so please only volunteer if you think it would be fun.

Thanks!

Colter

I am sorry I can't volunteer because I am leaving for China.

I am sure you are having a great experience. My wife and I drove the Lewis and Clark Trail a few years ago, but had to skip the section you will be entering because there are no roads. We hope to return to do that section with canoes. I look forward to reading your journal.
    Shutterbug

That is a great diversity of adventure!

Interesting story on you getting the Colter name. Did getting the trail name first factor into interest for this adventure?

1) how do you like your Yana poles?

2) will the MB Versalite pants hold up on a trip of these types of conditions you are going to experience?

3) shocked to see no fishing gear? Especially you.

4) going totally cook less for awhile?

Would do your updates but I'm leaving soon myself for the PNT. Would really enjoy meeting you as I hike EABO. We're not going to be far from each other as we cross directions probably somewhere in WA. Godspeed.

Shutterbug, I'll bet that was a fun trip. Sounds like a good plan to return with canoes some day.

Dogwood, I don't think my Colter trail name was a significant factor in choosing to do this trip.

I like the Yana poles. I've used them a lot. I've cracked two in maybe 6,000 miles, still usable with duct tape. They aren't a good choice for people hard on poles.

I'm only using the Versalite pants for the hiking sections. They've held up fine so far. I doubt they'd make it if I used them the whole way 6-7 months. They are mighty thin.

I might do some trout fishing in MT, but don't plan to fish until then. It's a different mission do to speak.

Yup, cook-less until I start paddling. That has worked fine. Enough opportunities for hot food now and then on this walk.

Enjoy the PNT!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colter View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks!

Colter
    After reading "Undaunted Courage..." I often wondered what it would be like to duplicate the journey of Lewis and Clark. I am about to restart my thru hike on the AT so I can't help with the transcription of your journal, but I would certainly be interested in reading it when complete.

Good luck and regards,
    Carbo
    Simple is good.

Have a great hike Carbo!

++ New Posts ++