WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Journal Entries

Congrats Gambit. Moving forward.
    Blackheart

Beautiful stretch to finish on.... I somehow end up hiking some part of that section every other time out!

Congrats on the milestone and kudos to the perseverance

Quote Originally Posted by Huntmog View Post
    Beautiful stretch to finish on....
    It sure was! Views a many (Tried to upload some of my panos but WB didn't like the file size I guess)

Anyone know the name of this flower? Probably one of my favorite pictures I have taken this year
    IMG_6376.jpg

This was taken in the "do not camp thru the next mile" part of this section north of 3ridges but south of Humpback summit.
    IMG_6404.JPG

Believe it or not, both people in the picture below, help take the picture No stitching done just some color editing by my friend.
    19723851_10154882280963507_1229543990_o.jpg
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Beautiful pictures! Guessing a Canada lily. Thanks for sharing- section hikers rock

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    Believe it or not, its nice to do sections multiple times. You get a greater depth of knowledge of an area by doing the same trip multiple times and you learn to appreciate different things and in greater detail. There is a section of river near hear that I have canoed more than 100 times. I know that part of the river so well that I have literally done it in the dark. And the other thing experience teaches you...now that you've hiked every trail in Georgia, you know where all of the really neat spots are...go back to those. Share them with others. Much easier to get someone interested in backpacking if you can take them to all the sweet spots without having to hike through dozens of miles of green tunnel to figure out where they are.
    We hiked the same section for both the first (Spring) and last (late Fall) trail of the season one year. It was amazing how much flatter and easier that trail got in 8 months, lol! It was also cool to see how different it all looked in Spring versus Fall.

-FA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++