Default Looking for a fun hiking partner(s) 2017

Hello, my name is Connie and I'm a new-ish thru hiker.
    I'm going to hopefully begin my north bound thru hike in 2017 March of that year that is if I can get all my ducks in a row. I don't want to go at it alone neither does my family I hope I can find someone to share my journey with. I'm looking to trek between 8-15 miles a day depending on the terrain and weather but I know there will be days when we will not put very miles behind us for one reason on another.
    I will be hammock camping and stopping at shelters along the way to find respite form the trail.
    I've dreamed of hiking the AT for several years now and like they say you only live once.

Thank you for listening and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Last edited by Rayleeya; 05-24-2016 at 21:04.

Images

Hi Connie, I hope you received some private message responses from other women, but not to worry if you haven't yet. From what I hear, you'll meet a lot of hikers along the way and will likely fall into similar hiking rhythms with some of them. You could even hike with different groups all along the trail, expanding your experiences. If you leave in March instead of February you'll increase your chances, as there'll be more hikers then. Best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia View Post
    I hope you received some private message responses from other women, but not to worry if you haven't yet.
    Sadly no, Ive gotten no messages as of yet it's kinda disheartening but I know we have many months till March.

Just remember that there will be a lot of people on the trail and if you start alone, you may find someone to hike with once you get started. I don't mind hiking with other people but, I am really slow and need to stop periodically to catch my breath and I always feel I'm hindering who ever I am with.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

More than anything it's spending my nights alone that scare me just having someone to talk to would be so nice
    But I know if I do go it alone and I managed to make it all the way I'll come out of it a different person who will be stronger both mentally, physically and in spirit

Images

You'll have other hikers around you if you sleep in or near the shelters

Hey connie! Im planning to start mid march 2017 as well! Would be more than happy to start together! My family is worried about me going alone too. I'd like to find a little group to start off with feel free to email me- [email protected]

Let me circle back with you, but I am interested!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++