WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Bivvi Hostel in Breckenridge Opening June 9th this Year! AND Laundry Service Now

Hi Hikers!

// Opening June 9th // The Bivvi Hostel is opening up much earlier this year & we will have laundry service IN-HOUSE. Just drop off your load with one of our staff and they will return it to you nice and fresh.

// $29 Bunks for CT Hikers // We are offering a special discounted rate to all of you Colorado Trail hikers. Use promo code "HikeCO" when booking through www.thebivvi.com and receive the $29 Sixer Bunk rate.

If you would like to send a resupply box, please send to:
    The Bivvi Hostel
    9511 HWY 9
    PO Box 7425
    Breckenridge, CO 80424
    *Please make sure to write your name and approximate date of arrival on the box. UPS seems to be the most reliable carrier for this area.

// To book your bed, go to www.thebivvi.com //

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]. Excited to see all you awesome people this summer. Good luck on the trail!

-The Bivvi Crew

bivvifire2.jpg10679902_710510402363521_4175621644193577884_o-2.jpg10448469_710510039030224_1152112443703649322_o.jpgIMG_2480.JPGjj yosh.jpg10514450_710509645696930_6315063724344978191_o.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah yes and I forgot to mention that this rate also includes a home cooked hot breakfast of either pancakes, eggs, or french toast, with fresh fruit, homemade granola, organic coffee. It is super tasty and totally worth mentioning.

It is great you have laundry now; the lack of laundry was the only thing I disliked about this hostel when I stayed there because the coin laundry in town was so nasty and inconvenient. Now when I rehike the CT I will stay at the Bivvi again.

Yeah it needed to be done. Sorry we didn't offer it last year, but we listened and switched it up. We will see ya on the rehike. Have a good one.

Images

This hostel looks amazing!! You'll definitely see me sometime soon
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Images

Ill be there in August!

More like a hotel than a hostel. We enjoyed out stay in 2014

Peaks, what really defines a hotel though? Hostels can be spotlessly clean, thoughtfully designed, and have a hot tub with immaculate views of the mountains too... More precisely, what defines a hostel to me is shared space and an emphasis on creating an awesome community, new friends, and those last memories. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Keeping it on the radar for when in the area.

Wishing you the best. Laundry service update is a positive as well as the pics.

Yeah laundry service is going to really help out hikers this year. Sounds good, Dogwood. Hopefully see ya this summer. Safe travels.

Journal Entries

Do you have personal lockers for peoples gear?

Yes we do. Each room has personal lockers with electronic key code locks. Additionally, each bedroom is only accessible to you and your roommates. We also have private rooms with balconies and ensuite bathrooms too. If you have any other questions, feel free to email [email protected] or call us at 970 423 6553. Safe travels!

Images

Very cool, my wife and I are excited. Do you know of a potential shuttle service to southern points along the CT, like perhaps, Twin Lakes? (paid, of course, perhaps even yourselves???)

I'm sorry. I'm not sure exactly any shuttles that can bring you to points that far down the trail. You can take a free bus from us to Copper and then hitch hike or possible hire someone to take you the rest of the way to Twin Lakes. Have a good one Colorado_Rob and happy trails.

Just a quick heads up for everyone on the trail.. It has been a super busy summer so we have set beds set aside for hikers. When you go to www.thebivvi.com to book, make sure to enter the promo code "HikeCO". It might show that there are no beds available but after you enter your code on the right of the screen, they will appear.

OR

Click here and you will be directed to our booking system with the code already entered.

Safe travels guys and girls!! Let me know if you have any questions.

Headed your way right now! Seeya soon.

Sounds good, Ington. See you soon. If you haven't already, probably a good idea to try to reserve a bed at www.thebivvi.com and remember to use the promo code "HikeCO". Safe travels.

Do you have loaner cloths one could borrow while laundry is being done? Also is the laundry service an extra cost and if it is how much is the service?

I'll be starting the CT Sept 2nd, but have no idea how long it will take me to get to Breckenridge. 5 days or 8 days? (it better be less then 8 days, as I'm only going to carry 7 days of food!) So, I got to hope you have a slot available when I get there or can find cell service a couple of days out when I have a better idea when I'd arrive. Either way, hope to see you then
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I'll be starting the CT Sept 2nd, but have no idea how long it will take me to get to Breckenridge. 5 days or 8 days? (it better be less then 8 days, as I'm only going to carry 7 days of food!) So, I got to hope you have a slot available when I get there or can find cell service a couple of days out when I have a better idea when I'd arrive. Either way, hope to see you then
    Despite your WB handle, no idea of your actual speed, but really you should have no trouble doing sections 1-5 (Waterton to Kenosha pass, 72 miles) in either 4 or 5 days. Section 6 pretty much takes 2 days (~31 miles, IIRC), so figure 6-7 to Breck. Cell service is pretty spotty much of sections 1-6, sorry. It will be good only when you're close to Breck. Maybe OK on/near Georgia pass, a day before Breck. Recent CT hikers of section 6 can chime in if my cell coverage info is out of date.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++