Default Hiking partner June 23-June 26 north of Smokies. Flexible on route.

I am going to be in Gatlinburg for a conference the week of June 20. I am planning on doing a section of the AT afterwards before I go home June 23-26. So far I am going solo so I was planning on bringing my dog. Would love to have company if anyone is interested (and wouldn't mind my dog being there)! I am flexible on location and route in order to accommodate a partner, however logistically it makes sense for me to hike north of TN. I was looking to do 10-12 miles a day, but again I am flexible on this.

Journal Entries

I'm beginning at TN/NC 1st of June 2016 and will be NOBO for one month. No designated end spot, but most likely just north of Damascus. Any females who would like some company. This is my first AT hike and first longer than a week backpacking trip. I will be trying to tent camp along the way near the shelters. Maybe will will meet up and can hike part of the way. I lOVE dogs and will be greatly missing mine who is too small to hike.

Hey there, I will be getting back on the trail on june 1, at Davenport gap on I40, to meet up with another solo hiker friend at Standing Bear Farm. Maybe we can meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mclem View Post
    I am going to be in Gatlinburg for a conference the week of June 20. I am planning on doing a section of the AT afterwards before I go home June 23-26. So far I am going solo so I was planning on bringing my dog. Would love to have company if anyone is interested (and wouldn't mind my dog being there)! I am flexible on location and route in order to accommodate a partner, however logistically it makes sense for me to hike north of TN. I was looking to do 10-12 miles a day, but again I am flexible on this.
    Hey! I'd be down for a weekend section. Let me know what you're thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that is exactly where I was thinking about starting. I wonder how far you will be around june 23 so I would have an idea where to meet up with you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by la.lindsey View Post
    Hey! I'd be down for a weekend section. Let me know what you're thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would absolutely love to work something out! Are you close to the Hot Springs, NC area? That could be a potential meet up spot and then shuttle out to Standing Bear Farm possibly? Or shuttle north is an option too. Would this weekend work for you? And you can private message me and maybe we can exchange phone numbers to work out details.

Hi, a few of us are hiking from Standing Bear Hostel to Hot Springs in September if you are interested

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++