WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 73 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2679

Is there another inchworm on the trail? I've followed Clinker's journal on trailjournals.com and twice in her guestbook (page 2 & 4) someone named inchworm commented.

Yes, she has a journal on TJ at well, just search "Inchworm".

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Is there another inchworm on the trail? I've followed Clinker's journal on trailjournals.com and twice in her guestbook (page 2 & 4) someone named inchworm commented.
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

I guess if you have years of no luck in finding Bigfoot you need to make headlines somehow.

yerby ray

Still thinking of inchworm and her family/friends.

Your not alone, I'm sure theres many people out there still wondering what happened to her. I pray her family can find some peace without her thru the holidays.

Yes, there are still those who keep hoping for some news. Alas, nothing new, but posting may keep the thread alive. Gerry Largay is still in our thoughts.

I'm curious to know if anyone else thinks foul play was involved, as I do. And, if so, could she still be alive, as a kidnap victim? That crazy guy in Cleveland kept three women (and a child) captive for a decade. Also, I read recently of a man (hiking) in Quebec who was injured and "missing" for three months before he was found, just a week or so ago. Just wondering.

Yes, I thought foul play from the outset. Experienced, sensible hikes don't just vanish, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishLass View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone else thinks foul play was involved, as I do. And, if so, could she still be alive, as a kidnap victim? That crazy guy in Cleveland kept three women (and a child) captive for a decade. Also, I read recently of a man (hiking) in Quebec who was injured and "missing" for three months before he was found, just a week or so ago. Just wondering.
    I'd say at least 75% of the people on here suspect foul play MAY be involved here.

1811 miles and counting!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishLass View Post
    After the warden service mentioned the "48 hours/98% found" statistic, I think that raised the red flags. The kidnap scenario has crossed my mind, however it seems these victims are usually young and impressionable. A woman like Gerry, mature, experienced, and confident, doesn't seem to be the kind of target these sickos prey on. Or maybe the young ones just get more coverage on the news.

Here's the Quebec story for others who hadn't seen it:

http://globalnews.ca/news/937178/que...-in-the-woods/

He was found only 9 days after being reported missing, although he had been in the woods for 3 months after leaving for a 2-month trip. It seems it took longer for anyone to realize he was missing than it did to find him.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSeamstress View Post
    After the warden service mentioned the "48 hours/98% found" statistic, I think that raised the red flags. The kidnap scenario has crossed my mind, however it seems these victims are usually young and impressionable. A woman like Gerry, mature, experienced, and confident, doesn't seem to be the kind of target these sickos prey on. Or maybe the young ones just get more coverage on the news.

Here's the Quebec story for others who hadn't seen it:

http://globalnews.ca/news/937178/que...-in-the-woods/

He was found only 9 days after being reported missing, although he had been in the woods for 3 months after leaving for a 2-month trip. It seems it took longer for anyone to realize he was missing than it did to find him.
    Please forgive the digression, but this is the same man who killed his German Shepherd, with rock, and then ate it. It was reported that he did this only 3 days after the bear attack (which the dog drove off). There's a situation for discussion. As we know from this very thread, reporters often get things wrong.

1811 miles and counting!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ladydi View Post
    Please forgive the digression, but this is the same man who killed his German Shepherd, with rock, and then ate it. It was reported that he did this only 3 days after the bear attack (which the dog drove off). There's a situation for discussion. As we know from this very thread, reporters often get things wrong.
    Oh dear, I hadn't heard that part of the story! I hope that's one that the reporter got wrong.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ladydi View Post
    I sure hope that's not what actually happened. Because when I hear those scenarios, it makes me wish that the dog survived and the human didn't. If you feel the need to kill your pet because your stomach is growling after 3 days, then you are a diseased person. Sorry to get off topic, but that's a tough one to come to grips with.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

[QUOTE=RCBear;1815819]I sure hope that's not what actually happened. Because when I hear those scenarios, it makes me wish that the dog survived and the human didn't. If you feel the need to kill your pet because your stomach is growling after 3 days, then you are a diseased person. Sorry to get off topic, but that's a tough one to come to grips with.

There's plenty of comment on his story. Here's a link to one if it will show here. His friend has something to say. Oh, the comments from animal lovers are quite interesting as you may see.

< http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-survive.html >

[QUOTE=RCBear;1815819]I sure hope that's not what actually happened. Because when I hear those scenarios, it makes me wish that the dog survived and the human didn't. If you feel the need to kill your pet because your stomach is growling after 3 days, then you are a diseased person. Sorry to get off topic, but that's a tough one to come to grips with.

There's plenty of comment on his story. Here's a link to one if it will show here. His friend has something to say. Oh, the comments from animal lovers are quite interesting as you may see.

< http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-survive.html >

This should probably be on another thread, anyway. But there is not a timeline about when he had to kill the dog. Is this another part of mis-reporting as it was originally said after 3 days...? He does want another dog.

Sorry about the double posting. I tried to edit...

MASAR has just announced they are officially suspending the search until spring. They mention the outpouring of support for their work has been overwhelming.
    AT02, LT 03-04, BMT05, NPT06, Haute Route07, Abol Ridgerunner 07/08, EBC Nepal trek 10

and what do they think they are going to find in the spring??? IF she is out there there wont be anything left by spring

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebearee View Post
    MASAR has just announced they are officially suspending the search until spring. They mention the outpouring of support for their work has been overwhelming.
    Does anyone know if the above means that they did another thorough air search (now that the leaves are off the trees) and still found nothing?

The photos I saw of Inchworm showed her wearing fairly colorful outerwear, so I was hopeful that an air search would reveal something. Just thinking out loud but if a hiker met with a sudden mishap then any remains and their gear should be fairly close to the trail. I understand that the topography can still make locating someone very problematic. If a hiker were injured, lost, or disorientated they would be more likely to end up a distance from the trail, but would also be likely to utilize their shelter of other gear along they way. Hopefully, these items would be visible for some time to come from the air. This is a sad story and also a bit of a mystery.

I admire Inchworm for pursuing her dreams. My condolences to her family and friends.
    Last edited by imscotty; 11-15-2013 at 01:09.

2010 complete

This letter was in the kennebec journal this morning:

November 5
    Theory about missing AT hiker likely not true

LETTER

I think Bill Brock, “professional Bigfoot hunter,” is mistaken in his thinking that missing Appalachian Trail hiker Geraldine Largay took a shortcut in order to save time when going to meet her husband. His theory is that decision lead her to cross the swollen Carrabassett River in an unexpected place and perish.
    Articles this summer mentioned how it was Largay’s dream to hike the AT. Serious AT hikers stick to the official designated trail. I doubt she strayed to save time. As intriguing as this theory is, I doubt it is true.

Page 73 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++