Default Hiking while pregnant!

I'm in my second trimester, and the most hiking I have done is a seven-mile day hike. I have hiked the whole AT, but now-a-days, I go SO SLOW, drink extra water, and stop frequently to catch my breath!

My question is, have any of you back-packed in you second trimester or early third trimester? I don't know if this is a realistic thing to do without actually getting out there....so I thought I'd ask first before dipping my toes in the water. I have a midwest trail in mind that is relatively flat, and logistically speaking, I am able to do very low mileage on it and still get on/off the trail. If I were to go, I would upgrade my sleeping pad to a very cushy one. However, if it's not working out, I can always downgrade to camping and day-hiking, or just plain old day-hiking.

I would love to hear others' experiences!
    -Crabapple

I was an RN male, can't talk much about being pregnant. But may I suggest staying with the day and overnight hikes. Stay within a few hours of getting out, considering your "delicate" condition.
    My ex-wifes water broke 6 weeks early on a car trip from Pittsburg to Kansas City, I'm glad we were not 3 days away from services.
    My 21 yr old son is a serious axxhole, but he is healthy.

++ New Posts ++