WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default MP3 player that takes batteries

Who better to ask than a great group of long distance hikers?

What is the smallest, lightest MP3 player that takes either AA or AAA batteries? An FM tuner is a major plus but not a requirement.
    Because I found a home in haunts which others scorned, the partial wood-gods granted me the freedom of their state, and chiefest prize found I true liberty, the home of homes plain dealing Nature gave

Images

These are hard to find anymore. Most these days are USB rechargeable.

I have been using a 4GB version of one of these for years and it's my favorite: http://www.amazon.com/iriver-T60-MP3.../dp/B000V8CZYA They show up from time to time on auction sites, etc. I'm dreading the day that mine stops working or I lose it.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Journal Entries

I use a sansa clip at gym for last 5-6 yrs. Gets 15+ hrs on single charge.
    New ones (jam?) Arent as good as old so I recently bought another older model refurbished one. I dont bring it hiking or anything, even though only about 1 oz. 8gb + 8 gb micro card.

Not sure they mske any that take replaceable batteries anymore. Before the clip I used something with single AAA I liked. Unobtrusive small clip was bought because they no longer made that.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-29-2016 at 12:54.

http://www.soundgearguide.com/batter...ed-mp3-player/

I've had one for more than 10 yrs. Cost is about $10 at Tarjet, Wally Wonka Worlds, etc. Get about 15 hrs also from one AAA Lithium battery. Same batteries work a headlamp.

Images

I use a Sandisk sansa 2 gb model, Takes 1 aaa battery , Check ebay , I have about 3-4 apple mp3 players as gifts and they are all crap - I don't understand why the most popular are the worst.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by adamkrz View Post
    I use a Sandisk sansa 2 gb model, Takes 1 aaa battery , Check ebay , I have about 3-4 apple mp3 players as gifts and they are all crap - I don't understand why the most popular are the worst.
    I had one of the early Sansa models. I think it was 512MB or something, but it would accept an SD card. Ran a good long while off the AAA battery. It's only flaw was the volume knob was badly designed and started messing up. It would act in reverse, or just go completely down or full blast without warning. It was very light, about 2.5" by 1.5" and around 3/8" thick.
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Thanks a lot!
    Because I found a home in haunts which others scorned, the partial wood-gods granted me the freedom of their state, and chiefest prize found I true liberty, the home of homes plain dealing Nature gave

Thanks Dogwood. I'm leaning towards the sodial. I might buy 2. The RCA isn't available. What would you suggest

I went to Amazon and now I'm looking at the Evodigitals 16 G. It does mention AAA batteries, also Samsung memory. Nothing about SD cards $22 with earbuds? I'll probably buy better ear buds anyway. it's USB
    Your opinion?

Default MP3 player that takes batteries

Coby "Smart" MP 301 is a very small, light and compact 2GB mp3 player that runs on a single AAA battery. I've managed up to 30 hours of playtime without destroying the electronics with a single lithium ion battery. Available at eBay for 20 bucks.

Journal Entries
    Images

Just freakin' hum to yourself. It's free and it doesn't weigh anything.

I know that you said that you are looking for a battery model, but I got one of these. My personal testing confirms that it will play for 80 hours on a charge, but the FM tuner will drain the battery in about 16 hours. Weighs just 1.4 ounces with my earbuds. BTW, I can't remember if it came with earbuds or not, so the weight is based upon using my other brand earbuds.

http://www.amazon.com/RUIZU-X02-Scre...=ruizu+x02+8gb
    "Not many miles, but a whole lot of smiles." Vegan Packer

++ New Posts ++