WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

:banana whitehouse landing camps in the 100 mile wilderness re-opened

after being closed for 2 years we decided this is where our heart is ..MAINE ! we missed the hiking community and all the friends we made in the 15 years of opening our doors to hikers. but for this year we have done things different , No air horn to signal us (sorry i know that was the highlight of your arrival),but we saved you a 1 mile walk in,now all you do is call us and will pick you up at the boat pick up site(signs) near primitive campsite at the end of the mahar trail (on your maps)we are over night only now with a heads up on your arrival, includes hot shower , meals not included, ,bunk house or private room, laundry like grammy did it with scrub board too.. free use of canoes ,some supplies on hand but if you give us a week or more before your arrival can send mail drop to our p.o box free for our guest . we do not go out to town everyday, so please allow time. any questions please feel free to call @207-745-5116 or e-mail us [email protected]
    &like us on face book,Thanks Bill& Linda Ware

More hikers going through the 100 mile wilderness should avail themselves of the resupply opp cutting 1.5-2.5 days less food needed to be carried through the 100 M W. Kinda have grown weary of the 100 M W being called a full 100 mile with no resupply opps anyway.

Great to hear you're back in biz. Wishing your family all the best.

This is the best news I've heard about the AT in quite a while!
    Your camp (and hamburgers and pizza) was always my favorite along the entire AT!
    Not sure if it will work out this year, but looking forward to seeing you, Bill and Ben sometime soon.
    Stump
    Stumpknocker
    Appalachian Trail is 35.9% complete.

Can you give us a mile marker? I'd also let AWOL know so he can post it in the AT Guide Updates. Glad to see you're back!!

Journal Entries

We are 32 miles south of abol,and we did get back into AWOLs guide book this year .thank you its nice to be back!!

++ New Posts ++