WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default lightweight external battery

I am looking to cut my external battery weight in half and am looking at a 4.1 oz 5200 mah battery. I think this will be enough charge 1.5 phone charges, maybe 1 plus a light or mp3 player charge.

Does anyone else have a good light option that I missed when searching?

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-bar-Siz.../dp/B00P7N0320

Journal Entries
    Images

Look on amazon I saw some 20000 mh that were .6 or something just keep clicking the recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by AfterParty View Post
    Look on amazon I saw some 20000 mh that were .6 or something just keep clicking the recommendations
    I'd guess 0.6 pounds for 20,000 mAh. I have a 4800 mAh at 4.1 oz and a 2200 mAh at 2.4 oz. The battery weight will stay roughly the same for a given power rating, the main differences between brands will be due to the case design. A lot of power packs now have a built in LED light, which looks like it could be handy.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019D...TXFTNBQIG&vs=1

5,200 mAh

Merope brand, at amazon.com may be worth looking at, as well.

Connie, is it really only 2.72 oz, if so that is a good weight to power ratio.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterPee View Post
    I am looking to cut my external battery weight in half and am looking at a 4.1 oz 5200 mah battery. I think this will be enough charge 1.5 phone charges, maybe 1 plus a light or mp3 player charge.

Does anyone else have a good light option that I missed when searching?

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-bar-Siz.../dp/B00P7N0320

That is exactly the one I have. 4oz and charges my Iphone twice. I'm quite happy with it.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Connie, is it really only 2.72 oz, if so that is a good weight to power ratio.
    Which one is 2.72 oz?

I have five different brands and models on my "Wish List" at amazon.com

I am trying to decide which one I will purchase.

I have an iPod Touch 5 with an adapter for the accessory Emprum GPS.

I recently purchased an eBay "unlocked" iPhone 4S supposedly with a better battery life, among iPhones. It will use my highly accurate accessory Emprum GPS, as well.

I am inexperienced with the new-to-me iPhone: only turn OFF Location or select Airplane mode to conserve battery life?

Connie, this one that you linked. https://www.amazon.com/Set-Go-Portab...ov_dp_3_2&vs=1

though I am not so keen on the color options.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    Which one is 2.72 oz?

I have five different brands and models on my "Wish List" at amazon.com

I am trying to decide which one I will purchase.

I have an iPod Touch 5 with an adapter for the accessory Emprum GPS.

I recently purchased an eBay "unlocked" iPhone 4S supposedly with a better battery life, among iPhones. It will use my highly accurate accessory Emprum GPS, as well.

I am inexperienced with the new-to-me iPhone: only turn OFF Location or select Airplane mode to conserve battery life?
    If it's a 4s it's likely old and battery is probably worn out. My son got my bros old 4s and the battery dies quick as its old. $40 new battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its useful...

I have Anker PowerCore+ mini (Amazon $9.99) weighs 2.9oz (without cables or bag)

I have Anker 2nd Gen Astro E1 (Amazon $14.99) weighs 4.4 (without cables or bag)

I like these two cables they are small and light (the little short 4-6 inch)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

You can't get much lighter than the Anker Lipstick.
    https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCo...R4NXRTQBBSSRGJ
    But then again, the smaller the battery the greater the charge to weight ratio.
    So long as you stick with the latest lineup of Anker batteries, I think the real question becomes how much charge do you need, not how heavy the battery is.

Big fan of the Anker products. One thing I wish to add is try to find the lightest option with Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0. (And get Anker's 18W QC2.0 AC charger for it.) This makes a huge difference because it can cut your charging time considerably. Not only does it cut down time charging the battery pack, but any QC2.0 capable device (iPhone, Samsung) will charge much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    That is exactly the one I have. 4oz and charges my Iphone twice. I'm quite happy with it.
    I too have this exact one. I get AT LEAST 2 charges, if not more. And the battery maintains its charge for months extremely well. I highly recommend this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost;
    the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Serial Hiker
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNeiman! View Post
    I too have this exact one. I get AT LEAST 2 charges, if not more. And the battery maintains its charge for months extremely well. I highly recommend this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the recommendation guys. I was looking for one of these for my daughters.
    perrito

684.4 down, 1507.6 to go.

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

I ended up buying this one.

4.8 oz. and 6700mah

also picked up some shorter cables to lighten the load and a single charger plug to charge the battery and phone at the same time. So should lighten the load. by 5 oz with enough power as long as I can charge during trips to resupply.

I bought the Anker PowerCore 10,000 mAh Portable Charger which only weighs 6.32 ounces according to my scale. It is the lightest 10,000 mAh charger that I've come across in my research, so that's why I chose this one. It was perfect for my recent JMT hike where I needed to recharge my InReach , iPhone, and camera.

Images

I ended up buying this one.

4.8 oz. and 6700mah

also picked up some shorter cables to lighten the load and a single charger plug to charge the battery and phone at the same time. So should lighten the load. by 5 oz with enough power as long as I can charge during trips to resupply.
    I hate bad-mouthing a recent purchase you made, but make sure you test this charger. I bought one myself, and its performance was OK at first, but now only 6 months or so old, it barely charges my phone (a Motorola droid) once. I am basically disappointed in this particular product. I have a year+ old 10,000 mAh Anker as well that does much better, 2.5 charges vs. one for 6700 mAh. I'll still get some use out of my 6700 model, basically outings where I need only one additional charge (3-4 day outings).

These external batteries are so cheap, I might snag that newer, lighter 10,000 one Heather mentions.

Yep, they always seem to come out with a new one with more power and less weight. That does seem like a better choice at 10,000mAh vs weight.

Wow nice, great find, thanks for posting.

Hey, how come "they" can make a 10,000 mAH external battery but can't keep a ~3000 mAH internal from catching fire?!?? (Gripe, grumble, mumble, gripe, gripe!&#128544

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++