WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Long Creek Falls

I wanted to do an overnighter (out and back) with a friend next week on the approach trail but read that the spring is dry at the top of Springer. So now I'm thinking about a loop hike with the BMT and AT starting at the parking lot on 42. We would then head up to Springer to catch the view and then backtrack to the BMT and take that to a campsite near Long Creek Falls. The next day we could take the AT back to the parking lot. I've done the BMT several years ago and I'm trying to remember where the intersection of the AT and BMT is near Long Creek Falls. Do I backtrack on the BMT to the intersection of the AT that would take me back to Springer? I think they share the same tread in that area but I can't remember where the intersection is?

The AT and BMT intersect right at the side trail to Long Creek Falls. From there, the AT and BMT do indeed share tread back to Three Forks.

There are a lot of people that hit long creek falls from three forks if you want to be away from the day hikers when you camp.

Yeah, that's a problem. I'm hoping that midweek will be a little quieter. The last time I went through there, the campsite at the base of the falls was filled with beer cans. I believe there's a campsite on the BMT after crossing Long Creek that may work out better.

Images

If it is too crowded even mid week.You could always camle up on water at the falls and hike up to the clearing a few miles on the DRT/BMT!

++ New Posts ++