Smile 2017 NOBO thru-hike partner!

Howdy!! I'm looking to partner up with someone to at least start off the AT with me. My family is concerned and I know my mom will be extremely worried the entire first week if I'm all alone. I am planning to start in mid February so I know that kinda limits my chances of finding someone since most start in March. I will be 22 y/o by the time I start. I love the cold and would like to finish a little earlier than August so I would like a head start. This will be my first long distance backpacking trip! Please e-mail me if you think this would work!!

[email protected]

I started a swction hike on Friday Feb.13 2015. I was on Springer by my self. When I go to the shelter 7 miles down the trail I found 16 folks there. I came across more than 40 hikers between Springer and Hiawassee, in the first 6 days. One and half day at Neel Gap because of big snow. By the time I got to Franklin, NC I think I had seen upto 70 plus different hikers. Good luck. Be ready for winter conditions if you are starting in mid-Feb.
    There are wonders out there, now to find them.

HYOH.
    Tough to find someone on your on pace.

++ New Posts ++