WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking at Tiorati Circle/Arden Valley Road

does anyone know if overnight for several nights is allowed at Tiorati Circle/Arden Valley Road parking area?

AT 2012

Yes, it is allowed, but you need to be careful. Thanks for the excuse to tell my "funny" story. I arrived one evening last January, driving my car up to the entrance to the parking area after dark, just as a park policeman drove by. He stopped me and asked me what I was doing. I told him that I just wanted to park my car in the lot and hike a short distance to meet my friends at fingerboard shelter. He told me I couldn't leave my car there because that picnic and parking area is closed after dark!!! Now, the lot had about a dozen cars in it which would legally be there through the night, which I politely pointed out... he told me I just couldn't go into the lot because it was dark. Go figure. He wanted me to drive to the elk pen lot to leave my car. When I explained how difficult it would be to meet my friends if I did that, he did finally agree to let me put my car in the lot IF I LEFT THE CAR IMMEDIATELY AND DIDN'T LINGER IN THE AREA. Well, at least it ended well.
    Lazarus

Images

"does anyone know if overnight for several nights is allowed at Tiorati Circle/Arden Valley Road parking area?"

I've parked there numerous times for overnighters and not had any problems.

++ New Posts ++