Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dcmmaeb View Post
    Hey ladies! I'm planning on starting NOBO late Feb/early March! Excited but feeling nervous and getting pushback from friends and family about going alone.

ignore them. really.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Hey everyone! Planning on starting NOBO March 18-ish. Hope to see y'all out there!

Hey ladies! I'm strating my hike at Approach Trail at the 22nd of march. The night before, I will stay at the hiker hostel. I'm very excited and nervous... Who wants to start with me?

Hello everyone! I'm starting on March 22 also! But will start at Springer instead of the approach trail. Katb, you may catch up to me quickly as I will be starting slow. Will be traveling with one other woman to start. I am 56 and am beyond excited to get going. Have all the gear and have done several shakedown hikes. Right now am trying to dehydrate many meals and my partner of 28 years will mail them as I need them. He will be making many trips to the post office as I hope to get at least 250 meals made (gulp!). If anyone is interested in starting with us, please let me know. All are welcome!

My gf and I are starting end of March. I've been affectionately called zombie turtle on the trail because I'm slow and sound like the undead with all my moaning and groaning. Currently we are having slight issues with transport. We are driving a rental from Connecticut and are looking for another lady to share ride.

Hey, there! I'm hiking with my husband beginning in mid-March and am also excited and VERY nervous. I feel you! Looking so forward to meeting some of you and seeing what life holds for us!

Default Hey there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleeya View Post
    I'm starting my NOBO hike in 2017 in early March.
    Hi Rayleeya!

How are your plans coming for your NOBO hike? Boise has gotten a lot of snow this winter, so I am slow getting started with my training.

I take it that you plan to start at Springer?

Do you plan on hiking by yourself with the hopes on connecting with others along the way? I will be starting alone, and figure that I'll run into people
    but assume that I'll be pretty slow, so assume that many will pass me.

Would love to know about your gear. I keep thinking that I have forgotten things.

Carolyn

Would love to know more about the meals that you are taking! I'm packing mine too! Lots of veggies and not much starch for me. Freeze dried green beans and peas have been major additions. I keep clinging to family comfort foods, but my daughter thinks that I'm making too much of a fuss.

I hope to do a section hike this year.. no set date yet.. maybe May? Moving from south Tx to probably Tennessee this spring.. may start there and hike south, then next year start in the same place and hike north... we'll see.. i've got most of my gear and am impatient to start putting one foot in front of the other!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dcmmaeb View Post
    Hey ladies! I'm planning on starting NOBO late Feb/early March! Excited but feeling nervous and getting pushback from friends and family about going alone.
    My mom was very worried about me going alone on my first thru hike (I was 24), my friend's mom was even more worried for me, soooo much worry! Truthfully you probably know more about the trail at this point than anyone else in your immediate circle. Solo female hikers start, hike, bond with other hikers (male and female, some canine), hitchhike, hike, scare off bears, eat loads of food in town, hike, have a great time, and finish the trail every single year. Keep your wits about you, trust your gut, make some good friends, camp alone if and when it suits you. Let your excitement turn into love for the trail experience, your family and friends at home will see that and kind of understand, eventually.

Anyone starting mid-late Feb? It seems most on here are in the early March category and a lot of Feb starters are men... If you're mid Feb let me know, I'd love to go in to my hike knowing some women on the trail beforehand! seriously can't wait to get on the trail and meet all of you

Kizziebean- Good luck on your hike. I'm 55 and still dreaming of a thru hike. It must be a great feeling knowing it's about to happen for you! Are you going to be doing a journal where wanna-be's like me can follow you? Have fun!! Doe

Quote Originally Posted by natbee View Post
    Anyone starting mid-late Feb? It seems most on here are in the early March category and a lot of Feb starters are men... If you're mid Feb let me know, I'd love to go in to my hike knowing some women on the trail beforehand! seriously can't wait to get on the trail and meet all of you
    Starting Feb 27 from the approach trail, 23, hiking alone, and excited to meet more badass ladies along the way!!!

I'm also starting around then! Either the 26th or the 27th. I'm 23 and will be hiking solo too so I'm super excited to meet y'all along the way!!

Nobo March 15, 2017
    No trail name yet. Looking forward to getting out there.
    ~Cassie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting March 6 and live in Cbus! shoot me an email if you'd be interesting meeting up [email protected]

p.s. my name is Emily and I am 25

Default NOBO 2017 - Late Start!

I am considering a NOBO hike with a ~May 20th 2017 start (sadly it's the earliest I can start because of my job). I'm going to be prepared to Flip Flop if I see that I'm running out of time to make it to Katahdin. I'd like to find some balance between hiking solo and hiking with others, so I thought I'd reach out and see if there are any women out there in a similar situation.

Please feel free to private message me if this resonates at all and if you're seeking a hiking partner for the start! I'd also love to hear from any women who either did this (or even considered it and then chose another approach) as well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyMcG View Post
    Planning a flip flop from Harper's Ferry starting the first week of May. I am sure I will see many of you out there.
    Im starting the first week of May as well! Starting at Springer and hoping to do it straight through, but open to the option of a flip flop if time is running short. Will be leaving the trail for a week in August for my wedding and will decide at that point if we (my fiance is hiking with) will get brought back to where we left, or up to katahdin. Getting so excited for it all!!

NOBO starting April 10th! See y'all on the trail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++