Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face Where are my NOBO 2017 ladies??

I love to look over all of the forums but I find the number of men and lack of women exhausting! Where are all my ladies at? I can't wait to meet y'all next year, and I'd love to talk with some of y'all now! My name's Courtney (no trail name yet!) and I'm going NOBO end of February/early March!

not 2017. hoping for 2019
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

I'm planning March 2017. I have almost, all of my gear and super excited.

Images

NOBO last week of March. No trail name yet - hope it finds me on the trail. Starting solo but look forward to meeting others on the trail. Not worried about being alone as it's a busy starting time for NOBO. Hammock hanging as much as possible. Planning lower miles to start with as I adjust to trail life. Also plan on staying at hostels and hotels when available. (Know from past hiking experiences I enjoy creature comforts after so many days on the trail; showers, clean clothes and a juicy cheeseburger.) Will be turning 60 this winter and this is my celebration hike and also a tribute hike to my mom who pasted away this past summer. She taught me to love the woods and the mountains. First time I summited Katahdin I was 8 years old, look forward to finishing there 52 years later. I have section hiked Harpers Ferry to DWG, MA and most of NH and Maine over the past 8 years in short week hikes. Gear all ready, a few modifications for a thru hike from my section hikes. May adjust a few more items as budget allows. Excited and nervous. Telling all my family and friends so no backing out unless unexpected life event comes up. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other, slow and steady wins the race.

I'm starting NOBO late March as well. Probably during the week of the 20th. I'm so excited I want to leave earlier (I'd leave next week if reasonable), but I don't want to hike through too much snow.

possibly hiking for a month next year from Springer to as far North as I can get with a friend. But won't be starting until May 1 probably to avoid crowds. She would hike to HF and then flip and hike back to where she finished last year if possible.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

I'm starting my NOBO hike in 2017 in early March.

Planning a flip flop from Harper's Ferry starting the first week of May. I am sure I will see many of you out there.

Images

My GF is starting with me last week of march. She isn't on here much. Her name is Connie and she would love to chat ahead of time with anyone starting the same time. Pm me and I will get you her contact info.
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way. I'm goin hikin.

I'm here! No trail name yet, but planning on starting out the very end of March/beginning of April going NOBO -- I may have my cousin with me (and a friend, but he will soon jump far ahead as his schedule is tighter to get back home than mine is, if he does come along.) My only main goal in the beginning to to hike about 8-10 miles/day in the beginning, taking it easy and hopefully make it to Hot Springs by the end of April to enjoy my 40th with a nice soak.

A couple weeks ago, I did a little tiny shakedown hike on the TRT and PCT out here in CA... definitely want to fine tune my gear a bit more if I can and lighten the load without becoming too much of a gram weenie. Of course, one can only do so much until they are living on the trail day in and day out, but I think I've got a good start!

See you on the trail!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mike View Post
    My GF is starting with me last week of march. She isn't on here much. Her name is Connie and she would love to chat ahead of time with anyone starting the same time. Pm me and I will get you her contact info.
    My name is Connie as well! =P

Images

Hi! My name is Kristy! No trail name yet. My ex-gf told me I should let it come to me. :-)

I am NOBO, tentatively starting April 3. I am excited and scared all at the same time. It is the gate to shaking my life up. Oy. :-)

Hey ladies - I'm Shannon, heading NOBO last week in March or first week in April. No strict time frame. Plan on taking my time, picking up the speed when needed, and just enjoying everything the trail has to offer! No trail name - we pick those up along the way, right? Hope to see some of you out there!

That is so awesome! My mom and dad also showed me the wonders of the forest. I am 56 and have much of my gear in anticipation of section hiking. When I get them under my belt and time freedom I dream of a through hike!
    Have a good time!

Images

Is anyone else planning to hike next year like me anxious, excited, nervous and just don't know how I'll manage the next 4 months? I have most everything ready and doing a workout plan to get into better shape. I have a list of stuff to do and just feel like I'm spinning my wheels waiting. Some things I can't do till the month before I plan on starting. I'm trying not to over think my gear but find I go around and around with time waiting.

I totally understand that feeling -- there are so many things on hold at this point that I'd like to do, but they all come after the hike. But plenty to do with the holidays coming up and getting the house squared away to minimize the calls from home -- Where is this? How do you do this? Etc. from the husband and kids. I'll probably knock out a couple more shakedown hikes, too, if the weather holds up (or not -- the rain will be good training, too!)

2017 NOBO, leaving March, maybe April 1st. Going solo, so excited to start this journey!! Anyone looking a hiking partner?? Or even some one who wants to do some practice hikes for a couple of days?

Hey everyone! I'm a 2017 Northbounder, starting around March, looking for a partner/group to at least start my hike with.
    Also, looking forward to meeting everyone
    Contact me at [email protected]

Default Where are my NOBO 2017 ladies??

April 5 nobo for me! I'm super excited and can't wait for it to warm up enough to trial my new quilts.

Hey ladies! I'm planning on starting NOBO late Feb/early March! Excited but feeling nervous and getting pushback from friends and family about going alone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++