WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default WTB... High Winds, 4 Season Tent for Patagonia in Feb.

Have planned a trip to Torres Del Paine and Mt Fitzroy in February (Patagonia!!!). Hoping for fantastic weather but I want to be prepared for the wind... not so much the cold. I have been carrying Tarptents (single Rainbow or Rainshadow 2) and neither seems to fit the bill for this hike. Need a two person, 4 season (?) tent that can withstand those winds. I will probably use it once and add it to may existing lot of tents in the garage. Not willing to break the bank so I am certainly looking for a deal. Weight is always a consideration but Im not a "gram weenie". That said I don't want an old canvas ten pounder. If you got something sitting around and not getting any use, lets talk about a sale. If you want to rent something to me we can have that discussion as well... Thanks. Mike

When I did the O-route in TDP in 2015 in February, I shared a BA Copper Spur 3 (not the 2, the 3 - more roomy) with my hiking partner. Worked well in the very windy conditions. Windiest place I've ever hiked. We did use the extra tie-outs fairly often, at least on the side into the wind. Do not have one to sell, but it won't be too hard to find a used one.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

++ New Posts ++