Default Safe parking to hike the Ocala national forest section? North vs south end?

Best place to pacts for a 3-4 day ONF section hike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

I usually park at Juniper Springs... not free, but safer than leaving my truck on the side of the road. Alexander Springs probably will also let you park inside.

Quote Originally Posted by MtDoraDave View Post
    I usually park at Juniper Springs... not free, but safer than leaving my truck on the side of the road. Alexander Springs probably will also let you park inside.
    I'm wanting to do a 3-4 day hike thru the ONF from Clearwater lake TH to past Rodman...80+/- miles...

Images

Wherever you park, don't leave any food in your vehicle. The damages to homes and vehicles from bears are getting out of hand in and around the forest.
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Engine View Post
    Wherever you park, don't leave any food in your vehicle. The damages to homes and vehicles from bears are getting out of hand in and around the forest.
    Agree....poor choices of ignorant people are getting bears needlessly killed....

I parked at Rodman campground for $3.21 per night. Safe parking beside the office. Get a shuttle from Carl at 352-427-2990 to anywhere in the ONF. Hike back to your vehicle. Awesome trails down there.

Quote Originally Posted by MtDoraDave View Post
    I do the same thing, much safer than the parking along the side of the road or in an unattended lot. Juniper Springs will charge you a daily parking fee however you are able to use the bathrooms and showers in the day-use area. The small general store is a nice pitstop for light snacks but lacking from a resupply perspective. Drive a half hour West on 40 past Silver Springs and you've got a Publix, Walmart, fast food, etc.
    Semper Paratus - Fidelis - Vigilans - Soli Deo Gloria
    Instagram: @2ndSamuel22

++ New Posts ++