WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Are you Still looking for testers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Could you try to resend as I never got it...could send to my gmail if want..
    [email protected] a section in Va later this week I'll give it a test....im having issue sending pm as box is full but not letting me delete any...

You should get an email soon from TestFlight.

I'll have a small update out by tomorrow. Still looking for more testers.

"The app has been amazing so far! I've been using it in tandem with Awol's and it's has been absolutely perfect. Super accurate and easy to use, so I really have no complaints. Thank you so much for letting me try it out!" - current thru hiker.

Any plans to port this to android? I'd be interested in using it for my Pixel XL.

Images

I haven't started working on an android version yet. I want to see if the ios version has a place on the trail before i start working on a whole new project.

Thx looks great will test out this Thursday...doing section in Va

Thunder

was looking at it today and really like how its looking, I noticed when you are on the trail list that there is no easy way to go back to where you are if you scroll either direction, any chance of a current location button or like double clicking trail to go to where you are currently at on the list

edited for clarity: within the same tab vs having to go to you and click the button again.
    Last edited by salsi; 04-14-2017 at 02:17.
    "In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks." -John Muir
    "Because in the end you won't remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing your lawn. Climb that ******* Mountain!" - Jack Kerouac

I enjoyed it few weeks back on my short section hike in Va....

Probably operator error but had to keep turning gps back on to get my location. Could the maps interface with say GE etc....mileage was definitely handy....thx again

Images

Quote Originally Posted by salsi View Post
    was looking at it today and really like how its looking, I noticed when you are on the trail list that there is no easy way to go back to where you are if you scroll either direction, any chance of a current location button or like double clicking trail to go to where you are currently at on the list

edited for clarity: within the same tab vs having to go to you and click the button again.
    I understand. Not sure about where I could place a button, maybe this could be done with a pinch gesture. I'll put it on my list.

I enjoyed it few weeks back on my short section hike in Va....

Probably operator error but had to keep turning gps back on to get my location. Could the maps interface with say GE etc....mileage was definitely handy....thx again
    Thanks. Not operator error, that was by design but I have reconsidered and will try GPS-on as the default state in the next build. For the maps do you mean Google Earth? I currently don't want to incorporate imagery because of the of the storage overhead.

I'm just waiting for some icons and a new logo from my designer and I'll have the next build out.

Quote Originally Posted by Linesman View Post
    I understand. Not sure about where I could place a button, maybe this could be done with a pinch gesture. I'll put it on my list.

Thanks. Not operator error, that was by design but I have reconsidered and will try GPS-on as the default state in the next build. For the maps do you mean Google Earth? I currently don't want to incorporate imagery because of the of the storage overhead.

I'm just waiting for some icons and a new logo from my designer and I'll have the next build out.
    Great thx...again possibly operator error but didn't see how the maps would be useful without topo or sat imagery....I didn't mess with maps much just my loc and dtg.......so I could be missing something...

Images

Great thx...again possibly operator error but didn't see how the maps would be useful without topo or sat imagery....I didn't mess with maps much just my loc and dtg.......so I could be missing something...
    Admittedly, the maps are not as useful as topographics. They only show the layout of the trails - side trails, shelter spurs, more complicated webs of trails... Not having imagery is a compromise that allows for this visual information at no extra storage cost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++