WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking in Lehigh Gap East?

Quick question - can you park overnight at the lot on the east side of Palmerton off 248/Lehigh Dr? I'm getting conflicting info and was hoping somebody had a definite answer.

For a definitive answer try the Palmerton police. I was there last January and I don't remember seeing any signs that you couldn't. I just looked at my photos where I took one of the sign and it doesn't say anything about overnight parking. Personally I wouldn't for more than a couple nights as it is by a busy road. Consider Smith Gap or even Little Gap instead if leaving it longer.

Images

I know you asked for the East side of the river, but there may be an option just across the bridge. I would contact these folks. I remember there was a decent sized parking area. http://lgnc.org/ Or like steve said and contact the Palmerton Police. Sometimes that's not a bad idea anyway if the car is going to be sitting there more that a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by gwb View Post
    I know you asked for the East side of the river, but there may be an option just across the bridge. I would contact these folks. I remember there was a decent sized parking area. http://lgnc.org/ Or like steve said and contact the Palmerton Police. Sometimes that's not a bad idea anyway if the car is going to be sitting there more that a few days.
    I didn't see this until we'd already started the trip, but that's exactly what we ended up doing. The nature center was very welcoming to us parking in the upper lot. They just took down some basic information and gave us a tag to put in the window temporarily. No problem at all dropping the truck off there Friday morning and picking it up on Sunday afternoon. It's also very close to the bridge so we just walked across and tagged up at the other end where we'd started last year going North.

++ New Posts ++