WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Signs of Man Missing for 4 Years in Mountains Still Sought

Man who went missing in California's Sierra Nevada mountains not forgotten:http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news...rt_river_index

Hope the family gets closure......I saw the missing persons few years back while on JMT.....sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One odd thing in that article is that he was declared dead just 4 days after going missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    One odd thing in that article is that he was declared dead just 4 days after going missing.
    That is very strange.
    A very good friend's father went missing in a light plane in south Louisiana. It took his mother years and a lot of attorney fees before his father was declared dead.
    4 days is unheard of.
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    That is very strange.
    A very good friend's father went missing in a light plane in south Louisiana. It took his mother years and a lot of attorney fees before his father was declared dead.
    4 days is unheard of.
    Wayne

He wasn't even supposed to get his car back until 7/18 so that really makes it 3 days from when he was expected to head back out to when he was declared dead. I mean, don't you look for at least a month or two in a situation like that before seeking to declare someone dead?

Something fishy about this.....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    My interpretation of that article is that he was declared dead long after he disappeared, but the legal date of death in the court was set as 4 days after going missing.

If you follow the links you can see photos of the area. It is very beautiful and very rough terrain. My condolences to the friends and family. His family continues to search for him. Here is a trip report (with photos) by Dean Rosnau searching the area with the lost climber's father: http://www.supertopo.com/tr/Team-GRE...e/t12425n.html

Quote Originally Posted by Snowleopard View Post
    My interpretation of that article is that he was declared dead long after he disappeared, but the legal date of death in the court was set as 4 days after going missing.

If you follow the links you can see photos of the area. It is very beautiful and very rough terrain. My condolences to the friends and family. His family continues to search for him. Here is a trip report (with photos) by Dean Rosnau searching the area with the lost climber's father: http://www.supertopo.com/tr/Team-GRE...e/t12425n.html
    Thank You, that makes a lot more sense. The article could have been a little more informative on that aspect.

++ New Posts ++