WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    I don't think he was apologizing, DC. He was having a bit of word fun.

He says he's trying and he is. He's very trying on all of us.
    I'm choosing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves to me he's not serious. I believe everyone deserves a chance to make ammends. Time will tell if he's yankin' my chain or not.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by longshank
    Just trying to play by the rules as they have been laid out to me.
    You have been whining like a two year old that didn't get his way for almost the ENTIRE time you have been here.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyT
    It would be a good thread started by anyone else. If you are new you are probably unaware of the history behind this "feud". There's always a couple of people out to undermine the integrity of a good site.
    there is no "feud" besides that which you perpetuate. let it drop, already.
    Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred. And hatred leads to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs
    You have been whining like a two year old that didn't get his way for almost the ENTIRE time you have been here.
    Why are you still talking about this?

I disagree

Just stop. grow up.

I don't consider myself part of it though

Then don't get into it.

Hey dixie, I've just logged back on again and see that longshanks is calling for a truce, and trying not to perpetuate this feud. I'm in, lets see how long the other side will continue this, then tell me who the trouble makers are. Okay?
    Throwing pearls to swine.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by longshank
    Well hey, you know, we can turn around and start being a**holes again, if that would please you all, and I guarantee we can be bigger ones than all of you put together.
    You're speaking for McQuest now?
    Do you two share your sippy cups as well?

Let's all get back on topic, ok?

Everyone has been claiming that they are one. Maybe they are but in a different sense

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyT
    Everyone has been claiming that they are one. Maybe they are but in a different sense
    Enough. enough. enough. Just stop talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkMcquest
    Hey dixie, I've just logged back on again and see that longshanks is calling for a truce, and trying not to perpetuate this feud. I'm in, lets see how long the other side will continue this, then tell me who the trouble makers are. Okay?
    Thank you for signing in on the truce. Now if everyone would do so it would be very nice. I believe that feathers have been ruffled and it's time to settle back down and get to talking about topics that are truly related to the mission of this site... hiking!

This tends to be a frequent problem on message boards because the typed word doesn't have tone to it. Therefore the people read the words and assign tone to them based on their reaction to what they have read. It happens all the time. Smilies tend to help the reader tell when a joke is a joke, even if they (the smilies) appear childish and unprofessional. It is the "language" of message boards in general.

My challenge to everyone is to try your best to not take everything you read personally, to not assign a tone to the words on the screen and if you need clarification of a post... private message the poster to get them to clear it up before it turns into a huge feud like we've seen over the past few days. If everyone will try these things I think we will ALL see a vast improvement on an already Great site!

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin
    Frosty:

You seem disappointed I haven't commented on this thread. (See post #50, above).

The reason I haven't commented is that the subject doesn't really interest me, nor do I care for the way the thread has degenerated. The thread doesn't look it's good for anything, doesn't look like it will educate or help people out much, and it serves only to let a few folks argue with each other as they have elsewhere in recent days; eventually, the thread will probably be locked down for vitriol and worthlessness.

So that's why I haven't "jumped in." It doesn't seem worth the time.

That OK with you?
    Very observant, Jack. I actually said surprised, not disappointed, but you caught what I was feeling better than I did. I didn't mean to single you out, just mentioned your initials along with a few elder statesmen of the site. I didn't mean so much in conjunction with this thread as with longquest in general.

Sometimes when things get out of control in groups, be it associations, sports teams, word places, etc, the old timers will see that the direction in which things are going will step in and put the ship back on course. A few words from members like yoo are much more influential than meaningless yapping from guys like me.

In the past you have not failed to step up to the plate and speak up for the good of WHITEBLAZE.NET, so I was surprised not to see you speak up now.

But perhaps that is because WHITEBLAZE is doing just fine, and I am just being overly sensitive. I've had a lot of free time on my hands this past week, and perhaps I spent too much time surfing for my own good. Time for a time out, I suppose.

Sincere apologies to you.
    Frosty

Images

I have an Idea..If you wanna make a point thats off thread why dont we just PM the intended person, so the rest of us dont have to go thru 35674 post that have nothing to do about the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef2000
    I have an Idea..If you wanna make a point thats off thread why dont we just PM the intended person, so the rest of us dont have to go thru 35674 post that have nothing to do about the topic.
    I agree, let's stay on topic
    Throwing pearls to swine.

well, back on topic...
    I had a great time in Port Clinton. The owner of the hostel bought me dinner at the B&B and then arranged for a slack to a shelter up the road. The only place I had any problems was a stopover in NYC at Penn Station. I was harrassed all night waiting for a train.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++