WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Warwick, NY - 3 miles from Wildcat Shelter on AT
    Images

Default Where are most NOBO's right now? (2006)

I was thinking the same thing as ATTROLL and starting this thread as he suggested.
    Aaron

Ok, so I will transfer my entry from "General" over here:

Papabear started at 01/01 and was last reported in Hot Springs.
    Patriot started at 02/01 and should have made it past Unicoi Gap by now.
    Jaws started at 01/29 and was in Hiawassee at 02/06.
    icecrmman and his daughter ebony started yesterday.

That's just 4 of them I know, but there may be others. I hope they all are well.
    There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path [Morpheus - The Matrix]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Trailjournals

Default Class of '06

I met Pariot at the Hiker Hostel and walked with him to the top of Springer on 2/01. Met another thruhiker there named Troy who was ahead of Patriot when we last saw him on 2/02. He's fairly young, and was an Army Ranger, but didn't have a trail name as yet. Best wishes to all of the class of '06!

Sky Rider
    (walessp)

Default Class of '06

I met Patriot at the Hiker Hostel and walked with him to the top of Springer on 2/01. Met another thruhiker there named Troy who was ahead of Patriot when we last saw him on 2/02. He's fairly young, and was an Army Ranger, but didn't have a trail name as yet. Best wishes to all of the class of '06!

Sky Rider
    (walessp)

Images

Was at Neels gap today about they said about 15 NOBO have passed through so far as of today Although no one had signed the register at Blood mtn but the day hikers.
    "Sometimes you have to make a clean break from the past to make a new beginning"

Images

Youngblood and I met Pirate on the trail above Springer last Wed. He is 65 and said he did a thu-hike in '95 and wanted to get an early start this one. He said he was going to get to Franklin and take a couple of days off. I hope he is okay.

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

In my nice warm apartment

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Thumbs up Departed Springer Friday, Feb. 10th

Left Springer at 2:PM Friday.

Snow on the ground all the way to Hawk Mtn Shelter. Got there at dark. One other hiker there. EZ 1 is his trail name. He's 83 and said he did a thru-hike 2 years back. I broke 4 to 6 inches of snow all day Sat. took me 7 hours to make Cooch Mtn shelter. Met a weekender named Bill there. EZ 1 arrived 2 hours later safe and sound. The temp got into the teens F. and got more snow Sat, night. EZ 1 is a WW II Vet, I am a Vietnam vet , and Bill is a Desert Shield and Desert Storm vet, which we thought was kind of cool, and maybe we should question our sanity a little too ? :>))

I took a hard fall Sat. and almost went over a 200 footer today so I came off at Woody Gap, and got a ride with Bill, untill the snow is less and it warms up a little, it's just to darn slick coming down some of the steep downs. I am holed up with Keith Bailey at Goose Creek cabins for the next two or three days I guess. News station in Atlanta is calling for 60 by Wed. so I am hoping to restart then.

I saw 5 turkeys and got to watch a Coyote for a few minutes Sat. which made all the snow and cold well worth it. Lots of dear and rabbit tracks too, but never saw any, but did see some small birds today, Sunday.

keep your powder dry

N.Andrew Bland

no trail name yet .............

P.S. Mountain Crossings at Neals Gap charged me a $1.00 "donation for hikers food" they said, for me to pick up my USPS package today. Something about this bugs me !! What kind of hiker would need food that soon into their hike ? Could happen I guess ? Maybe I should hit em up huh. After all I am SNOW bound !! :>))
    Some Days Your The Bug , Some Days Your The Windshield

Images

most are at home lol neo

Quote Originally Posted by wane oh
    Youngblood and I met Pirate on the trail above Springer last Wed. He is 65 and said he did a thu-hike in '95 and wanted to get an early start this one. He said he was going to get to Franklin and take a couple of days off. I hope he is okay.
    Priate was at Neel's on Friday. He did hike in '95 and as far as I know (and Ido know Pirate) he has been out almost every year since.

Also the hiker food at Neels is the cookouts he does for hikers. When he gets enough money up they will have a cookout on the back deck.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

Quote Originally Posted by PROFILE
    Priate was at Neel's on Friday. He did hike in '95 and as far as I know (and Ido know Pirate) he has been out almost every year since.

Also the hiker food at Neels is the cookouts he does for hikers. When he gets enough money up they will have a cookout on the back deck.
    Profile was Pirate just there or heading North?

Images

Im still at home, not able to sleep due to the trail and a rather soon departure date, If you notice the 12:45am post time you see what I mean
    :datz May the four winds blow me safely to Maine.

www.trailjournals.com/cheesewhiz

Quote Originally Posted by tiamalle
    Profile was Pirate just there or heading North?
    I think with the weather he was staying at least for a few days. But he is heading North. Said he wanted to be ahead of the crowd this year. Mentioned he would spend time off at his normal trail towns.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

Default Hello everyone ...

Hey folks ... Papabear here, just responding to this thread. Currently I'm located on the Weastern Side of Miss Janet's Kitchen sitting in front of a view of a Dell 17" monitor.

'Bear' and I, got snowed in for a few days and have been trying to recover fron having the flu, which I recieved in Hot Springs. Been having a grand time however, and enjoying the hike, the people and the towns. Miss Janet has been preparing us for the next few months mentally and emotionally. It really has been a blessing to be staying here.

We hiked in to Erwin and got here around 12:05am Saturday morning. We we're outrunning a storm that seemed to be directly behind us. We had waist high snow drifts on top of Bald Mountain and Big Stamp. Leaving in the morning, best wishes to everyone else that's out there, and following from home.

Quote Originally Posted by PROFILE
    I think with the weather he was staying at least for a few days. But he is heading North. Said he wanted to be ahead of the crowd this year. Mentioned he would spend time off at his normal trail towns.
    Thanks,he is a friend of mine.

Talking Hello!!

well my name is bear and myself and papabear are at miss janets house . leaveing for the wonderful roan mtn complex tommorrow.Wish us well
    peace
    bear

Was SOBO after a round trip day hike from Amicolola to Springer on 2-13. Passed Mawee and Pawee NOBO on Frosty MTN.
    Red Ranger
    GAME 06

Thumbs up Nice views from

Blood Mtn. yesterday. I go t back on trail Thrusday 2-16-06 at Woody Gap and hiked to Neals Gap. View from Blood Mtn. was fantastic and very little snow left on the trail. I had a big Red headed woodpeacker raise hell with me for a few minutes just south of Bird Gap. Passed Gary from TX and was passed by Harry and Katy, two thru hikers. Also run into a day hiker. Caught Harry and Katy at Neals Gap where they were checking out some different gear options.

Still trying to help Keith out here at Goose Creek as he is still in the hospital and looks like might be there several more days ? Tyler, one of his grandsons, and I are holding down the fort pretty well thus far, but I am itching to get to hiking !!

keep your powder dry
    N.Andrew Bland
    Some Days Your The Bug , Some Days Your The Windshield

Info I got at Mt. Rogers on Thurs PM 2/16 was that they had seen the 1st NOBO 3 days earlier when he passed thru Damascus. I didn't get his name ( trail or otherwise ) .
    "In the abundance of water the fool is thirsty."...Bob Marley

Just a quick message from the public library in Hiawassee. Im staying at the Blueberry Patch Hostel with Pilgrim, Redblaze and Sunset. We all are taking a zero day today. Hiking has been great so far even if the weather wasn't that good the last couple of days. But we are hiking into spring so it will get better ever day (at least this is what I hope for)
    I love it. And I mean everything, even the bad moments

CU
    There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path [Morpheus - The Matrix]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Trailjournals

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++