WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

At Hikers Welcome Hostel with Coconut Monkey and Atilla The Hun (section hiker). For all you purists out there, figured I'd stir the pot and let you know I yellowblazed VT. Been there, done that, section hiked 1996-2001.
    I hate Nike but Just Do It anyway!

Images

Default Jangles and Baro recently passed thru Harpers Ferry

Jangles is one of my favorites on trailjournals.com. To read her journal beginning at Shenandoah National Park, click on the link below. Continue to click next when you have finished each journal entry until you reach Harpers Ferry, where her journal currently ends.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=142309

Images

I meet Hardcore at Roan High Knob Shelter this past weekend. He didn't start from Springer until May 1st. He is planning on doing a flip flop somewhere down the trail

Default As of the evening of June 21st, 2006...

I'm at Bears Den Hostel, just south of Snickers Gap, VA. This is about 20 miles south of Harpers Ferry, WV, and about 998 miles north of Amicalola (where I started my thruhike attempt).

Warwick, NY - 3 miles from Wildcat Shelter on AT
    Images

Yesterday, Thursday, June 22 at around 6 - 6:40 PM. I took my first Trail Angel hike to Wildcat Shelter. Here I shared several cans of beer and did my first of several visits to this shelter 2 miles north of NY 17A (Greenwood Lakee/Warwick). Of course I had along Sam "the PUG". At the shelter at the time of our visit were:
    Traveling Mac & Free - thru hikers heading for Maine from Springer Mountain. They were a young couple in good spirits doing quite well. They just made a stop here and were continuing on to Mombasha High Point for the night. I told them not to miss taking a shower in Fitzgerald Falls. They were hoping to make Fort Montgomery Saturday morning for a postal drop.
    Trump was also there. He was a section hiker working his way north from Shenandoah to Bear Mt. NY. So he only has two more days left on the trail.
    The Wanderer started at Wind Gap and has Great Barrington as a goal.
    PopPop is going from the Delaware Water Gap into CT to round out the 5 hikers I visited with this evening. The spring at the shelter is flowing nicely right now. This evening was a warm humid evening - 80 & hazy. Next visit is tentatively scheduled for Sunday evening, June 25.
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith
    I'm at Bears Den Hostel, just south of Snickers Gap, VA. This is about 20 miles south of Harpers Ferry, WV, and about 998 miles north of Amicalola (where I started my thruhike attempt).
    Good Luck MS.You are doing great.Sorry I missed getting to Meet you as you passed thru Franklin,NC

I am SOBO right now and I am in Andover, ME taking a zero. As far as NOBO hikers.....TREK is in the lead with BONEPACKER right on his tail. They both should be north of Monson by now. DO-RAG, TACO, PA-BERT and SUNSET should be in north of Stratton by now.

Images

CheeseWhiz, Keystone, Edi, Tattoo & Pidgeon, Rapunzul, Willow, Barely, Cheeto, Contagous, Squirrel Master, and 5 unknown thrus are in Harpers Ferry or close by right now.

trenchfoot
    skunk
    m&m
    mountain goat
    sumo
    swiss miss
    master plan

all in or leaving DWG today

Default Made it to Harper's Ferry...

A couple took me into their home and are hosting me tonight. Saved me from 6 mile walk to shelter north of town after dark in the rain when I was already a bit beat.

P.S. Thanks for the sentiments, Tiamelle.

Ended up detouring to my sisters in South Paris ME, about 1 hr from Pinkham Notch, NH. My bounce box was MIA but a nice guy named Mason called from the AMC center at the notch to say it is now there. Will head back out tomorrow and tackle Wildcat and her Kittens. Meow!!!

Stayed with Chestnut, a NOBO who lives near Springer, at Liberty Springs Tentsite - gave him my Mountain House and a pull of scotch . Left this morning and passed Buffalo Bob, a NOBO from last year who had to get off at Hanover, finishing up his thru-hike this year, and Bluebird and Abandon, all three were in good spirits.

Images

Saw Model T and his buddy(not sure of name) and Carnivore in Harpers today.

Has anyone seen or heard from Pi and K'ache. I was following their trail journal but there hasn't been an update since June 1st.

Images

A couple from Lousiana, Gumby and Coyote Bec, came into my shop in NYC today to buy some gear. They were with another thru-hiker (young guy) from Mississippi. Noticed them real easy with the Crocs and hiking skirts. They had taken the train from Pawling.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

More weather poker games. Forecasted storms and early morning rain kept me off the trail from a slack pack. Imagine that. Am I soft or what. Will be picking back up on South Arm Rd (Andover, ME) and slack to Rangeley over 2 days before blasting (sputtering?) off from RT 4 again in a few days. Saw Chestnut and 10-Speed at The Cabin when I passed thru town.

Chestnut and I are at the Stratton Motel. Heard that 10-Speed is getting back on the trail in Andover today. There's about 1/2 doz SOBO's here.

Yesterday on HighTop Mountain, Shenandoah NP. I met some late-season NOBOs:

Fire & Whisp - started May 10, so they're making good time
    Tooth Fairy - started May 1 - may stop sometime in PA and flip-flop
    Old Coach
    DocKnarly (sp?)

Default where the frik are you?

treegirl, jaywalker,wayfarrer,guns of jesus, taco you sly devils? i miss yall,alot.
    matthewski

Images

I am currenly at PA309 Blue mt. summit when I get back on trail tomorrow. I am currently at my aunts house in sinking springs, PA. My Leki's broke so I am curently waiting for the replacement parts so I can hike on. Hoping to covwer some good ground when I get back on.
    :datz May the four winds blow me safely to Maine.

www.trailjournals.com/cheesewhiz

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++