WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Susquehannock/West Branch Trail Loop (PA)

https://endlessmountains.wordpress.com/2023/04/28/backpack-the-susquehannock-west-branch-trail-loop-susquehannock-state-forest/

This was a 25 mile backpacking loop on the Susquehannock Trail System (STS) and the West Branch Trail, a cross connector of the STS. I really enjoyed this loop, it had miles of smooth trail, wildflowers, some views, scenic streams, great camping, a shelter and even a hut for hikers. For me the highlight were the extensive views over meadows, beaver ponds and dams, particularly on the West Branch Trail. There was a lot of birdlife. This loop is a great idea for those looking for somewhere new to backpack.

Thanks for sharing! Nice description and pictures. Hiking on the STS is definitely on my bucket list. Did you mention what map(s) you used?
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

Awesome - thank you for the link.

Thanks, I'm researching this hike too, and this is helpful. I hiked just a few miles of it yesterday, and will return. Mountain laurels are incredible in mid-June -- they're all over, and far more than we see in CT or MA.

++ New Posts ++