WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Cheaper alternative umbrellas.

Anyone come across lite, semi solid , cheaper than the roofs sold "for" backpacking /umbrellas at target or anywhere.

Grabbed a real light one somewhere, but after I got home realized the first good wind will have me packing out weight that won't hold paper.

Like you, i've tried a few alternatives but after trying went back to the gossamer.

I don't think there is a really durable umbrella at any price. I tend to stick to Euroschirm but they're not really cheap. I believe Euroschirm also makes the GG and probably a few other brand names umbrellas. I tried an umbrella made by Montbell but went back to Euroschirm.

I've gotten a lot of years out of the SMD Silver Shadow. Can't imagine how many "cheap" umbrellas I would have killed in that time heh. This review is from '19 and it will be coming along with me again next month. https://www.trailspace.com/gear/six-...a/#review40193
    “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

http://lesstraveledby.net
    YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Just ordered the ZPacks one. Hoping it holds up!

After having cheap umbrellas fail in downpours, we only use Gossamer. Worth every penny.

++ New Posts ++