WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Barn

Journal Entries
    Images

Bradley Gap would be a perfect set to catch a Sunrise or Sunset on the Humps....

Stanley Murray is so old school small, it's defunct with the amount of hikers coming through each year.
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Can you dig it?
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HankIV View Post
    When I “participated” in the online public hearing by the USFS, the head ranger and ATC rep seemed just fine with Stan Murray, and implied that shelters aren’t really needed any more. I’m not holding my breath. It’s funny how a lot of folks hate on shelters but they’re always packed when it’s raining.
    Just clarifying here. I don't think too many folks are just fine with Stan Murray (the shelter not the person), we are just letting the planning system play out since were talking about a lot of different issues, each with their ability to affect hiker behavior. I am fine with Stan Murray until we have a thuroughly vetted plan. I personally am really looking at the potential to also remove Stan Murray and add a more attractive shelter a in a different location, a little further off of the white blazes, but again, we'll have to see where we land.

I have a very vivid memory of this shelter. I hope they continue to keep the campsite open for hikers as I have plans to revisit the location at a later date for old memories sake.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Birthright View Post
    I have a very vivid memory of this shelter. I hope they continue to keep the campsite open for hikers as I have plans to revisit the location at a later date for old memories sake.
    Tenting possibilities will remain at Overmountain Site.

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++