WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default NH-Maine Aug/Sep 24

I am looking for a hearty soul/souls to join me in hiking from Franconia Notch/Freeway 93 to Grafton Notch/Hwy 26 (about 105 miles) in late Aug/early Sep 2024. I am 71 but in good shape. Have section hiked this far over the last 15 years. Would like to finish the 105-ish miles in about 10-12 hiking days/2 weeks overall. This is the White Mountains so progress is 10 miles a day average at best. Would likely stay in a couple huts, but not exclusively. PM me if interested.
    "Packbacker"

located in Westport, CT interested to join for a 100 miles on AT in Whites after August 27th. 67 and can bang out 9-10 a day. not sure how to PM but happy to send e-mail

A reminder that hut stays in August and September are difficult without reservations sooner than later. Weekends are usually booked solid, weekdays somewhat less so. If the weather is crappy, folks with reservations may drop out last minute.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    A reminder that hut stays in August and September are difficult without reservations sooner than later. Weekends are usually booked solid, weekdays somewhat less so. If the weather is crappy, folks with reservations may drop out last minute.
    What about late September?

Late September especially on weekends are quite busy on weekends due to leaf season. If the weather is marginal there will be last minute openings as people cancel reservations.

The huts do not have heat (or insulation) except for the kitchen appliances so they can be cold at night late in the season. At some point some close and some go to caretaker basis. They have tough time staffing them once the primary croo go back to college.

++ New Posts ++