WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default I have closed Crazy Larry's Hostel.

But...

I will be doing an outreach here. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am the most imperfect and hypocritical follower of Christ you have ever met. If we meet each other and share some words about the "WORD," then don't follow along after me because I will walk you into a brick wall. Could you listen to my words and see if they apply? Ponder what I am saying here.

We live and breathe on words. If we are not talking to each other, we are thinking about words spoken by another. Or, we are thinking our own words about what others have said. And then we talk with ourselves. Some of us even speak our thinking out loud. I do sometimes. I have brilliant conversations with my wall and my dog, Buster.

War begins with words. Peace begins with words. Love begins with words. A garden is planted by words...

When you walk or bicycle by Crazy Larry's, look upon the shelf on the porch, and you may find an item you need or a snack. Take it. If you want to offload an item or a snack, please feel free to leave it. I could use the help in giving.

I lived on the Appalachian Trail for three years, running from the law. I miss those days. The AT taught me much about giving and caring for others. I wish our churches could grasp that thinking. I became a believer in Christ Jesus at the Rod Hollow Lean-to on the night of September 17, 2003. I will never forget that moment in time. I was in Hurricane Isabel. Could you look it up? Since then, I have walked a rocky path with Christ. I am not a perfect man.

The first time I wanted to let go of this hostel was in January 2018. A month later, after my father died on Christmas Eve 2017. I watched him take his last breath. But I stayed put because I did not want to let go of this. I am ready now.

Life is about change. I have had my day. At one time, I was the best and coolest hostel on both the Appalachian Trail and the Trans American Bicycle Route. Not long ago, I had to step aside and let another hostel take the lead. To put it simply, I became tired of being famous. It is too much work.

This life is not about me.

Larry you carry the correct trail name, you are in fact crazy. In 13 years or so on the forum and hiking community I think you have successfully lived up to your name in every instance of published material I have read by you lol

I have always heard, and agreed with, those that preach the most have the most to repent for.

Between you and ham stew kit we are about 1 cuckoo flyover away from an award winning cast of trail crazies!

Best of luck in your endeavors.
    Trail Miles: 4,992.0
    AT Map 1: Completed 13'-21'
    Sheltowee Trace: Completed 20'-23'
    Pinhoti Trail: Completed 23'-24'
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    GSMNP900: 134.7
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Journal Entries

Good luck. I enjoyed your place. Best wishes.

Stayed there a few times, always enjoyed our conversations. You are indeed an unselfish person JMO. Good luck!

Thanks for your service to the community and your testimony. May you be blessed in your next endeavor.

Images

Sorry to hear this! I regret not stopping by a few days ago when I was in town. Good luck with you new endevors.

Thank you Larry. I enjoyed my stay.

I stayed at your place a few years ago to recover from injury. I took the private room. I remember reading the book about Uncle Johnny's hostel in Erwin, TN that I found in your library. Also, you helped me with your computer to make a rental car reservation. Thank you for helping the hikers all those years and good luck with your next projects.

++ New Posts ++