WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Camping near Carter Notch Hut

Are there any tenting areas between Pinkham Notch and Imp Shelter? Looking for an alternative to staying in the hut . . .

Depending on your needs somewhere along the Wildcats may work for you. Bring your own water up there, but folks definitely set up at the top of the ski area. Think that is Wildcat C, but don't quote me

I'm assuming there are other spots along the ridge a person could get off trail and set up as well. Planning on spending a night in that area on my loop this Summer. Sort of thinking I will find a quieter spot to camp alone if I can because it sounds like the ski area is a popular spot for the view.

I know there are some spots on Carter Dome just off trail. Again, bring your own water
    “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

http://lesstraveledby.net
    YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Don't want to check in at the Hut and ask for "space available" and them have none and have to find a spot ASAP. Hoping for some known fallback option(s). Unfortunately, they are not known to me at this time.

There must be some right around there as there were some leftover seekers when I stayed there, and you aren’t going to do that from either of the of the overlooking heights. Water from the ponds.

Variety of spots on the ridges before and after, but not much water except those pons and at Zeta Pass. No camping at Zeta Pass.

++ New Posts ++