WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A lifetime membership to the Superior Hiking Trail Association ($500 -- support your local trails), Integral Designs Rain Jacket (around $200), one of Henry Shires' two person tarptents -- for more roominess, though I don't know which one I'd get (around $200). And last, a kilt! I might need a couple drinks before I'd wear it, but it would be cool to have one.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by littlelaurel59
    A LuxuryLite pack, a Double Rainbow tarptent, and a WM bag.
    Same thing but either a ULA pack or Osprey. (decisions.. the Osprey pack is really comfortable on me but heavy) A new pair of hiking shoes/boots with whats left over... Beer.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by map man
    Integral Designs Rain Jacket
    Oh yeah, I'd have to check out how the Integral Designs eVENT Jacket works on the AT (9 oz, $220).
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

I'd spend it on travel to get someplace I otherwise couldn't afford (or justify).

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
    I'd buy a new butt. Mine has a crack in it. (|)
    plug it up!
    Throwing pearls to swine.

The mountain hardware 'swift', for starters. The precip sux.
    Throwing pearls to swine.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KirkMcquest
    plug it up!
    You gotta good recommedation on the buttplugs, do ya, McQuirk?

plug it up!
    Kirk:

I had no idea you were a Steely Dan fan.
    Last edited by MOWGLI; 05-10-2006 at 12:43.

Images

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MOWGLI16

plug it up!

with what neo

Images

First fly to California...head out to a BIG outfitter store like REI or something.
    Go wild ~ see everything in person...try it all on ~ drive the store clerks crazy!
    Then since this is a dream...buy all NEW gear!!

(Next year plan to do this anyways...but sad to say my credit card may wear out from all the sliding through those little black boxes)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by neo

with what neo
    One of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OAK-BARREL-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by neo

with what neo

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ouch neo

Default LL BEAN's return guarantee

I have returned a few things to LL Bean as this poster indicated in the first post--but to return over $1000 is a bit much...Assuming it was resaleable, there is no real issue. Certain other outfitting stores do have good guarantees, but none quite so open-ended as LL BEAN. Their sales people do look cross-eyed when the issue is pressed into the absurd--which is not my assertion here. Just that generosity needs to be carefully considered.

Default I am a Beaner.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgewalker777
    I have returned a few things to LL Bean as this poster indicated in the first post--but to return over $1000 is a bit much...Assuming it was resaleable, there is no real issue. Certain other outfitting stores do have good guarantees, but none quite so open-ended as LL BEAN. Their sales people do look cross-eyed when the issue is pressed into the absurd--which is not my assertion here. Just that generosity needs to be carefully considered.
    Yeah, I know it seems pretty a**holish to return this much used gear, but let me give you some details, just so you'll be sure of what kind of an a**hole I am.

1 never been worn outside (still has the tags on it) down parka I ordered before the winter to try it out ($300)

1 slightly used down parka that sprung a leak in the hood ($300)

1 never been worn outside (still has the tags on it) fleece jacket ordered for same reason above ($120)

1 Goretex XCR parka that was flawed ($300)

1 slightly used fleece that had faulty seams that bugged me but I never got around to sending it back before I wore it a few times. ($100)

So, yeah, some stuff I sent back in mint condition, others less so. All (unflawed ones) are resaleable at either original or reduced price. I've been a customer of Bean's for at least 20 years, have lots of good stuff from them. I will continue to buy stuff from them in the future, and will continue to sing their praises for their return policy.

BTW: Bean gear I still use: day pack (I use it every day); boots (I hike in them as often as I can); assorted flannel shirts, long underwear, ice-cream ball, my wife's snowboots, rain gear, and a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten about. The cutest thing was this outfit that had adorable little rabbit ears and cuffs so that you could tuck hands and feet into. Of course they didn't have my size so I gave it to my little girl. This one we donated to Goodwill, in perfect condition.

Go Bean!!

Well, I think most of the money would go to something from Dan McHale. Whatever was left over would buy me some nice wool base layers topped of by a nice lightweight kilt. Maybe something from bear kilts.

the four season quilt set from JRB and a new therma rest or BA air core pad...........and a JRB tarp........
    Brian

i'd try to find a used maiya 7II. wighs as much as a 35mm slr, but takes pictures that are 6*7cm. super awesome

Images

nunatak arc alpinist down quilt and skaha plus hooded down sweater w/ kanagroo pockets and a ula conduit.

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji
    Yeah, I know it seems pretty a**holish to return this much used gear, but let me give you some details, just so you'll be sure of what kind of an a**hole I am.

1 never been worn outside (still has the tags on it) down parka I ordered before the winter to try it out ($300)

1 slightly used down parka that sprung a leak in the hood ($300)

1 never been worn outside (still has the tags on it) fleece jacket ordered for same reason above ($120)

1 Goretex XCR parka that was flawed ($300)

1 slightly used fleece that had faulty seams that bugged me but I never got around to sending it back before I wore it a few times. ($100)

So, yeah, some stuff I sent back in mint condition, others less so. All (unflawed ones) are resaleable at either original or reduced price. I've been a customer of Bean's for at least 20 years, have lots of good stuff from them. I will continue to buy stuff from them in the future, and will continue to sing their praises for their return policy.

BTW: Bean gear I still use: day pack (I use it every day); boots (I hike in them as often as I can); assorted flannel shirts, long underwear, ice-cream ball, my wife's snowboots, rain gear, and a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten about. The cutest thing was this outfit that had adorable little rabbit ears and cuffs so that you could tuck hands and feet into. Of course they didn't have my size so I gave it to my little girl. This one we donated to Goodwill, in perfect condition.

Go Bean!!

All made in China for 49.95 but if we didn't patronize such outfitters we would have to get our gear from Walmart which I guess is OK for some.

Images

$1000.00 to blow on gear.

1 Arcteryx Shell

2 Arcteryx Fleece

3 Arcteryx Bibs

$1000 not enough.....ouch!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++