WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Snake skin sizing

I have a HH ULB i have an oversized tarp (same as neos camo one) I will be using a down bag and am hoping i can just leave it in the hammock and get a pair of snake skins that can contain the whole thing, any ideas on what size i should be looking for?

Section Hiker, 1,040 + miles, donating member peter_pan's Avatar
    Images

The Largest HH SS is #4...it will not hold all that... since it is patented try asking Tom Hennessy to make a larger size.

Pan
    ounces to grams
    WWW.JACKSRBETTER.COM home of the Nest and No Sniveler underquilts and Bear Mtn Bridge Hammock

I'd reconsider stuffing a down bag in the same waterproof container as a possibly wet tarp. Might be worth considering a small set of snakeskins for the tarp, then a separate set for the hammock/bag.

I bet it's not easy to leave a bag in the hammock and stuff it into the skins...worth a try, though.

Skins are cake to make. If you cut the material yourself, you could probably take it to the alterations shop and get them to sew it for a few bucks. It's only two short hems and a long seam per skin.

Default I can't believe it swalowed the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogginfox
    I have a HH ULB i have an oversized tarp (same as neos camo one) I will be using a down bag and am hoping i can just leave it in the hammock and get a pair of snake skins that can contain the whole thing, any ideas on what size i should be looking for?
    Anaconda, by gawd.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogginfox
    i have a pair of the late great jackrbetter python skins,unfortunately they are no longer available,they can be made by any one that can sew neo

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff
    I'd reconsider stuffing a down bag in the same waterproof container as a possibly wet tarp.
    Good advise. It's really not that hard to stuff a sleeping bag into a separate stuff sack from a hammock without it ever touching the ground, so it doesn't make sense to leave it inside where it could pick up moisture from either a wet tarp or a bit of condensation on the hammock itself in some weather conditions.

Plus the snakeskins and hammock aren't fully waterproof - something to consider if you are doing creek crossings, carry a hydration bladder inside your pack, or are backpacking on a rainy day.

++ New Posts ++