WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    From PA moved to Marquette MI, ontop of the Northern Country Trail

Hey everyone,
    I am planning a Feb 1st (no later than Feb 26 if the 1st falls through) solo Northbound starting in Springer, GA. I haven't decided whether I am going to do the approach. I'm planning on hiking 10 to 20 miles a day. Obviously slower on the get go. I would like to get back in early August, since I will be headed up to the Rocky Mountains the first week in Sept. If anyone in the area of Bucks County, PA (or anywhere else) wants to meet up to do some hiking prior just drop me a line [email protected]. Also if anyone is looking for a partner, I’m flexible

Steve
    There’s no point in the destination if you can't enjoy the journey.

I plan on starting out sometime in March with my husband. (Im 23 and he is 25) Our Anniversary is March 8th, so it will probably be March 11th. We will be starting out on the Springer Approach trail going NOBO. No trail names yet, they will happen on the trail.. and no clue how much milage cause we have never long distanced hiked before... guessing to start off at about 8. Whooo hoooo! It cant get here soon enough.

We live in Charlotte NC, so if any 07 hikers wanna get together and do a day hike, or just talk trail let us know. We are planing a week long section hike in September, not sure where yet... See ya all out there!!
    Live the Dream Without risk, there is no reward. Georgia to Maine. What a reward!

Aiming for April 1, NOBO. Self-supported - no mail. No plans. I don't do plans. Maybe approach trail, maybe not (see plans). Outfitted DIY. UL.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Blissful, Paul Bunyan (thru-hiking) and Skipper (section hiking)
    Start Date: March 1st
    NOBO
    Start: Approach trail to Springer then all the way to Maine
    10-12 mile average to start

See ya there!!!!

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbums2000
    shooting for the 23rd or 24th of april heading NOBO with my son. we are flying out after his 14th birthday which is on the 21st of april.

we plan on starting out doing 13-17 miles per day.

Plan has changed we are now shooting for the middle of April...it will probably change again to the first of April if I have it my way. But we can't go any earlier than the first of April. Tyler has a big snowboarding competition the first week in April. My family(Tracy,Courtney,Tyler) and I are hiking the JMT leaving out on the 4th of August.

If interested you can follow our journey here:
    www.trailjournals.com/mtnbums

If Nobo then March 1st, if Sobo then June1st, haven't decided which way I want to go, hope to see y ou there.

Images

My fiance and I (25yrs old) are starting 3/15/07 NOBO 10-15 miles a day..or we'll see how it goes!
    Super Excited to meet all of you along the way!!!

Default Start Date Questions

Right now the plan is to leave at the end of April or possibly the first week of May from Springer. I really hate the cold, so I am willing to put up with the heat later on through the midatlantic states. I know all about the time constraints too, but worst case scenario is that I flip-flop or finish the rest of the trail next year.

I look forward to seeing the flowers budding in GA and TN. I'm hoping to average around 15 miles per day, but I want to enjoy the experience and not feel rushed. My best friend in the world is pondering the idea of coming with me, but she has a full life and I'm not sure that it will work out. I am prepared to go alone. I hope I won't have missed everyone out there by that time though. Anybody else planning a later start?

-Jennifer

Mr. Happy here (or more recently, signor felice). I'll be starting NOBO on January 1st, hopefully to finish in early June, before the black flies descend upon Maine.

NOBO leaving Springer between 1 MAR and 10 MAR, haven't quite decided that part yet. See yall there....

Mysti

Images

Question

Hi, I'm Kristen. I'm planning on starting the trail in mid June(as soon as my school lets out) and walking south. It looks like I'm hiking solo which will be the only hard part. My best days are 20-ish miles but usually 15 or so.

I'm praying I meet up with some other southbounders who hike around the same speed so I can make friends. I dont do well alone for too long! Anyone going to be around there the same time as me?

Hi Kritter, You will have a flock of guys hanging with you so bring a fly swatter!
    Have a super hike,
    Sandalwood
    I will be nobo in March.

Solo NOBO leaving mid-April '07. Possibly earlier if I'm prepared and restless. Aiming for 15-20 mile days. Stopping for resupply every 2 weeks (approx. 150 miles). Definitely doing Approach. See ya out there!

early march, headin nobo appx 10 miles a day to start.,

Images

plan on starting approach after st paddys day funds pending... nobo of course ... i attempted a thru in 05 but only made it past duncannon PA don't know my expected mileage cause ill be taking my puppy molly malone with me. PS if my friend loses a bet we made this year we will have a keg of guiness waiting on top of springer when i get there. gl all

Frieden and Ed - World Explorer Team frieden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
    plan on starting approach after st paddys day funds pending... nobo of course ... i attempted a thru in 05 but only made it past duncannon PA don't know my expected mileage cause ill be taking my puppy molly malone with me. PS if my friend loses a bet we made this year we will have a keg of guiness waiting on top of springer when i get there. gl all
    Guiness? Let me know if they lose!

What kind of puppy do you have? Join in on the Class of 2007 Hiking Dogs thread, but be careful. It's pretty rocky in there. Let us know about your partial thru. Hope to see you guys out there!

At this moment in time and space it looks like I will be joining the class 2007! It has been on my list for a number of years with my wife telling me that I could hike the AT when things worked out right. Well I guess things have worked out right cause last weekend she said to start planning, saving, ebaying more, and tax return will equal thru in the spring. So right now I am on board unless something happens between now and then! I plan to start and the end of March or the first of April.

Default Smile! Hang On, I'll need to shoot it again!

G'day from Oz,
    Will be arriving at/near Springer early March 07 & departing a week or two later;
    Hope to be taking a compact but very serious video system (or at least my bank thinks its serious); I'll tell you about my plans to charge the battery in the wild when you need a good laugh-Now where's the bloody instruction book for this thing? In meliora contende, Col (Sydney, Oz),
    p.s. There's a least 2,000 stories on an AT thru hike, I'll be happy if I can get 1% but they've gotta be ....Ah, ..you tell me..(email me directly).

Hi, I'll be starting somewhere around April 1st, give or take a day or so. I'm 20 years old, and I'm going to try to hike the trail in 105 days, but I think my real goal will just be to spend the entire time on the trail and to enjoy it. My best friend from high schol will also be hiking it, but he's leaving early March, and my plan is to catch up with him. We'll see how it goes. Good Luck everyone.

Solo NOBO, name is Blaine, Trail name is obiewan, going to start sometime between 16 March (my 53rd b'day), and 1 April. Looking for anybody else going that way, at that time. Can't wait for March. See everybody out there. Gonna have some friends meet me in Maine at the end with my motorcycle and we are gonna ride back. Ohh-Rah Marine Corps

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++