"Met Spiritual Pilgrim… 12 yrs in the Army, he is looking to let go of some of his feelings re: the Military. When he went in he thought he was pretty bad but, he said he has changed and his best moments were when he was helping the Kurds in Turkey instead of trying to exterminate them".

Above was copied from his June 29th journal entry at his website. Not really sure what he is trying to say here. Almost like a newspaper reporter only reporting half the truth and taking thngs out of context.

Yes the Army has pissed me off. Not sure at all about the "he thought he was pretty bad" part. Don't know where or how he got that. Operation Provide Comfort was the best part of my career. I never recall when we were trying to exterminate any Kurds but we had a chance to help them long before the 1st Gulf war and turned our backs on them. Their leader at that time (Barzani) went to Iran for help against Saddam Hussein.

And do all you history buffs know that Ho Chi Minh asked the U.S. for help and we turned on backs on him too? So he went to the Communists.

One last thing. Heard a small bit of a news story on the radio. I think it said that the Gulf War Syndrome is a bunch of bunk. Can anybody else see why I have bitter feelings toward the Army?