WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimtanker
    Im just wondering what his trail name would be if he did Thru.
    It would'nt.

To those of you who hurt my feelings here by saying unkind things...

Right now, I am sitting in an air-conditioned office in my home, watching 300 channel cable TV on a 121" plasma TV and enjoying a platter of meatloaf with brown gravy, mashed potatoes and buttered asparagus (apple pie and ice-cream will be for dessert later).

Ok, reality check here.

Now, I'm supposed to sit on top of a mountain in the freezing rain, eating a granola bar, with a hungry black bear watching me?.

Um...yeah...this makes a LOT of sense. Seriously, where are some of you people coming from???.

- GG

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Images

As you wish.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by blindeye
    Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh yes, I'm also drinking an ice-cold honey lager beer and my business just netted a very handsome net profit within the last several days. Not to brag but I seriously fail to see where anything the AT provides could compare to civilized life (isn't capitalism/industrialization great?). I have a very comfortable (perhaps privilaged) life and it's just difficult to imagine giving any portion of that up.

So, some of you will make snibe remarks like "good riddance" or "the trail is better off without you anyway" or "we won't lose sleep over it", etc. Hey, feel free to have as blast at my expense and hammer away but just remember that while you are sleeping in a tent with a rabid bear circling and mice crawling all over your face in the shelters as you bite your fingernails to the stubs in a panic, I am sitting here in my air-conditioned office having a frosty and dining suptuously.

Bottom line is...we spent the last 50 years going through a technological, industrial and medical revolution and there was a reason for that. So we, as humans, would'nt have to stay subject to the sometimes vicious and unpredictable laws of nature. For all others, please pick up your Darwin award at the front door and don't forget the free mints.

- GG

GreyGoose, You say you don't care, yet you get angry that others don't care enough to beg you stay around. Make up your mind. Either stay around and settle down or go, it is your choice to make. However, you will not start a flame war on this site, and I do have the authority as an Administrator to say that.

Enough already, you've said your peace. You are most welcome to hang around should you decide to do so.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose
    Ok, reality check here.

Now, I'm supposed to sit on top of a mountain in the freezing rain, eating a granola bar, with a hungry black bear watching me?.

Um...yeah...this makes a LOT of sense. Seriously, where are some of you people coming from???.

- GG
    You are supposed to do what you wish with your life. It's a shame some members here actually tried to understand you and help you with this GreyGoose. Oh well, I guess it's hard to identify a troll. It's even harder to identify a troll who has no point to make.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Images

The postings are projecting something else.

This is someone pulling a prank.

Good job.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose
    So, some of you will make snibe remarks like "good riddance" or "the trail is better off without you anyway" or "we won't lose sleep over it", etc. Hey, feel free to have as blast at my expense and hammer away but just remember that while you are sleeping in a tent with a rabid bear circling and mice crawling all over your face in the shelters as you bite your fingernails to the stubs in a panic, I am sitting here in my air-conditioned office having a frosty and dining suptuously.

Bottom line is...we spent the last 50 years going through a technological, industrial and medical revolution and there was a reason for that. So we, as humans, would'nt have to stay subject to the sometimes vicious and unpredictable laws of nature. For all others, please pick up your Darwin award at the front door and don't forget the free mints.

- GG
    You made an excellent decision GG you wouldn't last a day as a backpacker. It really is just like any other hobby, you have to love it to actually understand it. You don't. Maybe someday you will actually try it and find out for sure, but until then have a nice life.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Wow, a 121 inch plasma screen tv huh? That's over 10 feet. I didn't know they made them that big (hint: they don't). An 80 inch plasma cost $40,000 so you could buy a house with what it cost you to buy that, right?

That's a lot of cash for someone who doesn't understand the use of an apostophe in grammatical English (hint: no need for an apostophe between the k and the s in the word "thanks").

Yeah, this is either a prank or a pathological liar.

By the way, I'm one of the "fruits" you mentioned.
    When moon and stars are showering their light
    Upon the earth I walk apart and feel
    That fantasy is fact in random flight
    And fact is more illusory than real.

- Earl Shaffer

Frankly, I think you should ban me immediately but this is only my humble opinion dear admin (sir/mam). Like I said, I don't belong here but it was my obssession that brought me here (I suffer from OCD). Still, I have proven my point (that people generally do not like me as a rule).

I DID truly come here to learn, make friends and perhaps (one day) hike the AT. That is absolutely the truth. However, my fears and obssessions seem to have gotten in the way and have managed to p!ss a few people off. I did not come here to flame but the more I read, the more I have decided that the AT is not for me and from what I have seen, read, heard, etc, I am becoming more and more convinced that some of you could become violent out on the trail and possably even try to beat me up (seriously). What about the two posts where several people talked about ex-cons/prisoners hiking the trail. I mean, come on!.

Anyway, it's a shame that things have turned out the way they have here (story of my life) but I guess that's just the way it goes. I tried to warn you people but everyone was so convinced that I was this perfect little angel and would be accepted by everyone regardless of my issues. I guess that turned out to be a big dissapointment, huh?.

Anyway...

- GG

Quote Originally Posted by themooseisloose
    Wow, a 121 inch plasma screen tv huh? That's over 10 feet. I didn't know they made them that big (hint: they don't). An 80 inch plasma cost $40,000 so you could buy a house with what it cost you to buy that, right?

That's a lot of cash for someone who doesn't understand the use of an apostophe in grammatical English (hint: no need for an apostophe between the k and the s in the word "thanks").

Yeah, this is either a prank or a pathological liar.

By the way, I'm one of the "fruits" you mentioned.
    (1) I had the 121 plasma TV custom built.
    (2) Thank's or thanks (either one is grammatically acceptable)
    (3) I think you are a liar.
    (4) I hope you wear protection so you don't infect the rest of us with AIDS.

End of discussion...

Images

Yes you can be Frank if you want to. Whatever name you chose is ok
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

by oak, ash and thorn nicodemus's Avatar

What was the real reason behind even saying good bye like you did, it was as if you want to start some drama..."Let me see...what will they say to THIS!!!" Sorry, if that was your intent.

Quote Originally Posted by nicodemus
    What was the real reason behind even saying good bye like you did, it was as if you want to start some drama..."Let me see...what will they say to THIS!!!" Sorry, if that was your intent.

by oak, ash and thorn nicodemus's Avatar

I agree with you entirely..why the long and suffering letter in his swan dive from the rooftops?

Quote Originally Posted by jimtanker
    Im just wondering what his trail name would be if he did Thru.
    Lobster...

Now i've seen a guy quit after the aproach trail at Springer, a guy quit after studying the profile map of Roan mtn the night before, and NOW, a guy quit cause he talked about the trail too much and got scared.
    As they say here in Asia: Up to you!
    but you're right about one thing: i won't lose sleep over it

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead
    but you're right about one thing: i won't lose sleep over it
    Please don't. I would'nt lose any sleep over it myself if you did since you don't pay my bills or put food on my table. Back to my gourmet pizza...

- GG

I'm more offended at the lack of understanding of grammar than the comment in number four. That said, I'll be sure to tell my partner of almost ten years - that is, my FEMALE partner of almost ten years - that we should really consider protection...

Look, Goose, at least you figured out that the AT isn't your thing. And you figured it out before getting out on the trail. May you enjoy whatever journey presents itself to you next.
    When moon and stars are showering their light
    Upon the earth I walk apart and feel
    That fantasy is fact in random flight
    And fact is more illusory than real.

- Earl Shaffer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++