WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

at the springer parking lot on fs42.
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Thanks Peanut ;-)
    ad astra per aspera

Yep. Parking there just makes the hike shorter and the drive longer... about 45 minutes driving up a winding narrow road. The hike is easy though... 15-20 minutes, hardly uphill.

Talking Yeah we can

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    I'm not zealous about the group on Springer. All I said was that anyone who participates in this large group gathering can't bitch and moan if they plan to camp at a shelter/campsite and a scout troop is there. To do so would be hypocritical.

On what page is the AT regulation about not being allowed to bitch and moan if a Hiker encounters a Scout Troop at a shelter or campsite?

Heck, if I can't bitch and moan when I want, why should I bitch and moan at all?

Or was that the point? Just a little free roaming sarcasm there.

If you screw up someones wilderness experience then you can't bitch and moan when someone else screws up yours.

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by max patch
    I'm not zealous about the group on Springer. All I said was that anyone who participates in this large group gathering can't bitch and moan if they plan to camp at a shelter/campsite and a scout troop is there. To do so would be hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by HapKiDo View Post
    On what page is the AT regulation about not being allowed to bitch and moan if a Hiker encounters a Scout Troop at a shelter or campsite?
    Have to agree with Max Patch here. Why would you think it is not hypocritical to participate in large group camping events and still bitch about other large groups?
    Frosty

Looks like I might be on Springer Mountain on New years as well. I'm thinking about hiking the Benton Mackaye Trail Southbound starting in a couple of days and reaching Springer just in time for the Celebration. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys there!

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I'll be starting my thru on the 1st,
    Mrhappy, are you still planning on leaving Springer New Years Day? If my new (warm) bag arrives before Christmas, I may hike for a week and a half north from Springer on New Years Day. Anyone else you know leaving then?
    Frosty

Frosty, I know that G.H.O.S.T is planning on leaving that day. I'm still planning on it, but I haven't bought my tickets yet. My dad flies a small plane and has offered to fly me down if I pay for his gas. If I do that, I won't be able to say for an exact date since weather can easily deter his plane.
    http://joshuamlee.com Photography

--Signor Felice

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Frosty, I know that G.H.O.S.T is planning on leaving that day. I'm still planning on it, but I haven't bought my tickets yet. My dad flies a small plane and has offered to fly me down if I pay for his gas. If I do that, I won't be able to say for an exact date since weather can easily deter his plane.
    Just wondering. I've always wanted to spend New Years Eve on Springer, and to start hiking north on New Years Day would be fun. I think. I have a chance to do that this year for 10 days if a couple of things line up right for me, but I'm not sure it is something that would b as much fun do alone. I enjoy hiking alone, but long nights in a solo camp have lost their appeal. We'll see.
    Frosty

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

Hey Frosty,

You gotta come down, me and the missus will be up there for the festivities and a little loop hike on the BMT the next day.
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

We'll be the ones with the Mutha Hubba, I know big tent, but if I'm gonna get the bug to bite her, comfort early on goes a long way.
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Images

Lightbulb 06 sobo summiting on new years

IS there really going to be a party up there? My self and possibly 4 others will be finishing our thru-hike on the last hour on the last day of 06. God I hope others are there; it will be one of the greatest nights of my life. I'm hiking up with a quarter barrel keg hope your'll thirsty. Rock on. Currently in Erwin.
    Quindio

Quote Originally Posted by Quindio View Post
    IS there really going to be a party up there? My self and possibly 4 others will be finishing our thru-hike on the last hour on the last day of 06. God I hope others are there; it will be one of the greatest nights of my life. I'm hiking up with a quarter barrel keg hope your'll thirsty. Rock on. Currently in Erwin.
    Quindio
    There will be 40-50 folks there if the weather is fairly decent.

Images

that rocks, I didnt think anybody would be there. And I just found out that a few might be comming form Miss Janet's also. After spending one week shy of 6 months on the trail a party will be just what I need. I look forward to meeting you all there.
    Quindo, and my Partner in crime, Molasses.

Can anybody give me a ride down from MA? :-D

--Signor Felice

The journey is the destination eventidecu's Avatar
    Images

I've about decided to start walkin north this year with no "plans" or hurry's and thinkin about startin the 1st as I live in the area of NC/SC/GA/TN and can get off trail every week or two for bad weather or "zero's", Kind of section hike until weather breaks. Wana get a jump start on a thru ifin that what winds up happin-in. No plan for a full thru but no plan not too either. Just walkin. Well see. Hey Frank you up for some walkin?

Well my start date has been changed, so I won't be able to make the party. I'm kind of bummed.

--Signor Felice

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Have to agree with Max Patch here. Why would you think it is not hypocritical to participate in large group camping events and still bitch about other large groups?
    So no one who starts the AT in March or April can bitch either?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
    So no one who starts the AT in March or April can bitch either?
    you gonna be there this year Nean? i got some more of those peaches.
    don't like logging? try wiping with a pine cone.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++