WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

[quote=Footslogger;289132]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacbe View Post
    My mind became mush last night, with all the planning and figuring out what and where i was going to be on the trail. While burning my bounce box, along with the planning book and details, I came up with a new plan. Start walking sometime first part of March, heading north. Enjoy "EACH DAY" don't worry about that big mountain at the end of the trail, if i get there fine, if not, fine.
    ===================================

You can PLAN and still enjoy each day, not worrying about that "big mountain at the end of the trail".

Chances are that if you already went through all that information you collected (and burned) that you have done planing at some level. That said ...you can only live it one day at a time so why NOT hike it that way !!

Enjoy your hike ...

'Slogger
    Slogger your right, I'v been planning off and on the last few years, but was forced into retirement early, so I joined WB the day I retired and started going into detail planning. The people here are great and have so much knowledge that I was able to find all I need here. So I can enjoy every day no matter what comes up. PS just bragging But I also quit smoking (after 35 yrs) the day I retired-- still smoke free-- need to be able to climb them hills. LOL

PS just bragging But I also quit smoking (after 35 yrs) the day I retired-- still smoke free
    Congratulations!! That's really great!

I have done a lot of planning, but I love to plan. My friends call me "the planner", a name given to me by a hiking friend but it fits in all parts of my life. Although, I am not planning on where to be when; that I will take as it comes. I did one pass at an itinerary just to get a feel for it, but I have no intention of following it or even bringing it with me. I also am not doing mail drops other than swapping out gear for warmer weather, maps, and stuff like that. My planning has been around gear, what to do with my personal stuff, bills, reading on net, talking to past thru hikers... I can't help but think about it all the time. I can't wait!!

Default Still simple

Well since I have found out I have 2 hernias my plans will change just alittle bit . I will have surgery Jan 17th and the doc says go for it a little bit later in March. No problem with training just go slower. hope to see you all soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++