WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

:banana R.I. State drink

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Journal Entries
    Images

I thought it was Del's.

No sir, Rickb....though Del's is certainly popular and a definite RIism, Autocrat is the be-all end-all of RI beverages (a swallow will tell you).
    What else can you use to make a coffee cabinet?
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 05-09-2014 at 22:52.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

I have some in my pantry right now. I always stock up when I visit the family.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

I buy it occasionally for nostalgia purposes. I didn't make it as far out of RI as Mags, so it is available up here.

Autocrat Coffee, the makers of coffee milk syrup, has just been sold to a British company. Since the coffee milk syrup line is their smallest product line, many are wondering if it will continue to be made. Hope they don't switch to warm beer (a la the English) as our state drink!

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Images

I thought the state drink was Narragansett

I can remember as a mid-teen sitting in a garage with the door open and a couple ol' timers and drinking Narragansett. Can't say it was the worst tasting beer.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

Images

Crazy Swamp Yankees

Del's and Jack Daniels best summer drink going.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtrag View Post
    I thought the state drink was Narragansett
    The old Narragansett Brewery is long gone. (I heard that they had a water fountain that the workers set up to dispense beer. ) I think they brew Narragansett in Texas, now.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    I have some in my pantry right now. I always stock up when I visit the family.
    i got some too plus kenyon's johnnycake meal

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    Crazy Swamp Yankees
    i'm a bonafide swamp yankee

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    The old Narragansett Brewery is long gone. (I heard that they had a water fountain that the workers set up to dispense beer. ) I think they brew Narragansett in Texas, now.
    Hi Neighbor, have a Gansett, give that Lager beer a chance, it has that straight from the barrel taste, in bottle can on tap it's great. Gansetts got that flavor, Naragansett Flavor ......
    Everything is in Walking Distance

My R.I-native wife says Del's is the summer drink and coffee milk is the winter drink.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo bob View Post
    Hi Neighbor, have a Gansett, give that Lager beer a chance, it has that straight from the barrel taste, in bottle can on tap it's great. Gansetts got that flavor, Naragansett Flavor ......
    I had a bottle of Tsing Tao beer at a chinese restaurant...it tasted a lot like Narragansett!

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

wait, doesnt EVERYONE drink their coffee with 1cup coffee, 3cups milk? (And about 3 lbs of sugar)
    Me: Ricky
    Husky: Jack
    Skeeter-Beeter Pro Hammock.
    From Dalton, Georgia (65 mi above Altanta, 15mi south of Chattanooga)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky&Jack View Post
    wait, doesnt EVERYONE drink their coffee with 1cup coffee, 3cups milk? (And about 3 lbs of sugar)
    Nope. "Not even close..."

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky&Jack View Post
    That has been my impression of coffee milk.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    From Wikipedia...
    "After changing hands several times, the brand was bought in 2005 by a team of local Rhode Island investors led by former juice executive Mark D. Hellendrung, who announced plans to expand its market share and reinvigorate the Narragansett brand identity. Since the purchase, the brand has indeed been revitalized with the help of former brewer Bill Anderson, and some sharp new packaging. Narragansett beer, now contract brewed by Genesee Brewing Company, has been available again throughout Southern New England since spring of 2006. The lager and light beers are brewed at their brewery in Rochester, New York, while the bock and porter are craft-brewed in Providence, Rhode Island and Pawcatuck, Connecticut.

Not the worst Larger I have ever tasted. In Massachusetts we had Haffenreffer Malt Liquor, the 'Green Death!' That stuff would split your skull by the morning.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++