WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Quote Originally Posted by madstang View Post
    When they got "busted" hiking out of Baxter, the Ranger told them that the trail inspector had not even gone up yet this season . . .
    Did they say, "tell him not to bother. We've inspected it, and it's cool."?
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Default Early Bird at Long Mountain Wayside - mile 792

taking a break and going to Trail Days with my wife and grandson.
    Early Bird 2007

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by madstang View Post
    The Dalton Gang FINISHED May 11th about 10AM. 3 started, two finished. Jolly Roger (Trail name) reported meeting the finest people in the world on his hike. They reported NO other tracks in the snow approaching or on Mt Katahdin. When they got "busted" hiking out of Baxter, the Ranger told them that the trail inspector had not even gone up yet this season - So, the first IS debateable. They went end-to-end Feb. 3rd, to May 11th!

How much Blue-Blazing was involved?
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

Living Room Wanderer

Out for an afternoon hike today near Outerbridge Shelter today, I met up with Bobcat and Swampmonster. When I stopped at the shelter on the way back to my car a couple hours later, I met up with Joe and Joe. Turbo and T Mac strolled in as well.

Images

Default Iceman in Pearisburg (The Original Since 1986)

Iceman (The Original Since 1986) is in Pearisburg, VA and distressed to suddenly find an imposter appearing in the shelter logs as Iceman. It turns out someone named Caveman realized he had taken another hiker's name so he changed his name to Iceman (my trail name since 1986). This guy is about 2 -3 weeks ahead of me and has just started using my name. If anyone sees him please tell him to keep looking for a new name.

So for the record I started on April 5th and am known by my red, white, and blue American Flag do-rag. I know Andrew used Iceman in 1995 and is here on Whitebalze as IcemanAT95 but 2 Icemans on the trail at the same time???
    The heaviest thing I carried was my attitude.
    Montani semper liberi - Mountaineers are always free

Desire is the main ingredient for success

GA-VA 2005, VA-CT 2007, CT-ME ??
    Images

This most recent Iceman (formerly Caveman) is currently in Harper's Ferry. He's really cool. I met another Whistler on the trail this year. No big deal. It's just a name, no one owns it. Suck it up.

-Mark

Images

Thumbs up Diesel and Juice

I gave Diesel and his dog Juice a ride from the trailhead West of Monson to town yesterday so he could pick up his mail and get a resupply. Ater I was through maintaining my section I met him again at the trailhead near Lake Hebron as he was continuing nobo.

On Sunday afternoon (10/7) the register at Outerbridge shelter had these entries:
    • Brian and Lily 10/6
    • Jonathan, Barry 10/7
    • Seaweed Sally 10/5
    • Oblivious, 10/5
    • Uly, 10/4
    • Adam and Moose, 10/3
    Also, there's a notice posted of a camera found at the shelter, and a phone number (610 262 8980) to call to claim it.

Saw Adam and Ladypants Von Moose Deuce at the Doyle this past weekend. Nice kids, and they're having a great time.

Default 146 straight days at Kennebec Ferry....and still waiting.

Wolverine is due to cross the Kennebec River this morning at about 10:00am. I have heard of possible other hikers still out there including; Bonnie and Clyde, Rider and Lumpy. Have also heard about some possible flipfloppers including Rosie that might need a lift across the Kennebec. Yesterday, Birdman (Damascus, VA to Katahdin) got a ride across river. Any info concerning other hikers that might be headed this way (Caratunk/ The Forks), please let me know. By the way, the last official day was Tuesday October 9. The ferry service needs a personal confirmation from hikers and also only offers a ferry before 12 noon! Many thanks for any hiker sightings in Maine and NH. Steve Longley 207-663-4441

Images

Nuckin is still headed that way. He's flipped and is just south of millinocket as of today. I know that he plans to call ahead, if you're not available he'll have to walk around!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Saw Adam and Ladypants Von Moose Deuce at the Doyle this past weekend. Nice kids, and they're having a great time.
    Whoops! These are SOBOs. Sorry. . .

Anybody know where the SOBO's are? I finished my SOBO hike last year December 11th and had almost no trail magic once I got south of VA.. I'd like to do some magic for this years SOBO's if they're around. Is there a defined "pack" somewhere?
    "I'm not bad. I've never been bad... I'm fairly new to mild naughtiness." - Jeff Murdoch

Forgot this was a NOBO only thread. Sorry!
    "I'm not bad. I've never been bad... I'm fairly new to mild naughtiness." - Jeff Murdoch

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

That's okay. They are still in the class of 2007 anyway, even if the thread says NOBO.
    I know the gal I stayed with at Pico Camp in VT (BOO BOO) is now south of Pearisburg wiith 600 miles to go. You might ask her dad (check her journal for the e-mail). he is a big supporter.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Lilpuppie-

The Sobos ARE coming!

You should be starting to see the fast ones about now.
    Another bunch are trying to reach Springer in time to be home for Thanksgiving.

Images

There are actually a few SOBOs coming thru Fontana within the next 2 to 3 weeks according to one of them on their journal (BOOBOO). I think she said around NOV.12th. There are a few ahead of them (Sweet Tea and Obie) that could be coming thru as early as this week and next.

Default Last of the Nobo's crossing the Kennebec River?

Yesterday on October 19, I crossed Lumpy, Dozer and Rider, who all seemed in great spirits as they headed onward to the Big K. Today, Scott Woodley crossed at noon and continued on, hoping to hook up with yesterdays group. Weather here in the Maine woods continues to hold up fairly warm and pleasant. Estimates that I have put this year's northbound hiker totals over 400. Final numbers later next week. Congrats to all hikers that have "completion" written next to "GA to ME" or "ME to "GA". Again, thanks for getting the word out for hikers headed towards the Kennebec. Oh yeah! "Early Bird", a former thru-hiker, crossed the Kennebec River headed to Georgia yesterday also. That should put his finish at Springer Mountain on ST Patrick's Day 2008. Later, Steve

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Anyone know or hear how Root-down, Crockit and Doc are ?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
++ New Posts ++