WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bad news today

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Bless you rcli4 for donating and you LW for being willing to find out where and how to register.

Images

The power of prayer is amazing!

My prayers are with you and your brother.
    Catsgoing
    Cathy
    Venice, Florida

kicking around ideas for the next adventure 1Pint's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mindi View Post

I'm hoping that they can find a match, either in myself or on the bone marrow registry. Please keep us in your thoughts!

Mindi
    Mindi,
    So sorry to hear this. I'll keep you both in mind.
    Laura
    "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life." Train

Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    Put me on your IGNORE list.
    "Ignore list" doesn't work for those of us who "read the forum." Instead, you should read the User Agreement and honor it.

The Weasel
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Images

If one goes to the site below, one can "sign up" on line. A test kit (requires a cheek swab) will be sent out, and can be returned with payment (if required). No need to go anywhere until there is a "match." It's very easy.

http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Join_the_....html?src=text

The Weasel
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

i know your not suposed to pray in public so this is a parafrazing of my prayer for you:

god? mat here. i need one more thing. this girl needs a sunny day on springer to start her hike. next year. with her mind at rest knowing the cancer in the one she loves so much was beat quickly. and i need her to crack a tiny weeny smile as she turnes from the plaque and plants her first step, and i need her to remember how you did it all. and to think of her hike as a reward for bravery. and one more thing please jesus,...let her get all kinds of trail majik all the life long. love mat.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    "Ignore list" doesn't work for those of us who "read the forum." Instead, you should read the User Agreement and honor it.

The Weasel
    Just report me. I know you will.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: blinks back tears ::: Matt, that was beautiful.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    i know your not suposed to pray in public so this is a parafrazing of my prayer for you:

god? mat here. i need one more thing. this girl needs a sunny day on springer to start her hike. next year. with her mind at rest knowing the cancer in the one she loves so much was beat quickly. and i need her to crack a tiny weeny smile as she turnes from the plaque and plants her first step, and i need her to remember how you did it all. and to think of her hike as a reward for bravery. and one more thing please jesus,...let her get all kinds of trail majik all the life long. love mat.
    Who says you're not. Thankyou.

Images

Prayer can be public as long as it doesn't force anyone's right to silence in public away. Yours was very gentle and very welcome...and very appropriate.

The Weasel

Amen.......!

Default wonderful words, indeed

mat, i don't even pray, and i still teared up when i read this. thank you.

and mindi, add me to the list of people pulling for you and your brother. i've been registered as an organ donor for years, but now i see there's more i can do -- while i'm still alive -- and i will.
    dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    (howard zinn)

Yet another reason that for those who are healthy, please donate blood and sign up for the bone marrow registry. Prayers with you and your brother Mindi!

Thank you so much for your prayer, Mat. It brought tears to my eyes, as have all of your kind thoughts and words.

Mindi
    "Too much civilization around here! Remember when the woods used to be woods, Harry?"

formerly amazonwoman

Prayer can be public as long as it doesn't force anyone's right to silence in public away. Yours was very gentle and very welcome...and very appropriate.

The Weasel
    Weasel, must you be a 'lawyer' ALL THE TIME? It's a little annoying that you take every oppurtunity to inform us of the legal angle of every single thing. Hang it on a nail occasionally and be a hiker how about it. I'm sure there are doctors here that could give us deep medical lecture on every gear choice and food item we might take or use, but they don't because it would be annoying. Hint, hint.

Sorry Mindi if this detracts from the levity of this thread but it was the prime oppurtunity to say this. God bless.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by amazonwoman View Post
    Weasel, must you be a 'lawyer' ALL THE TIME? It's a little annoying that you take every oppurtunity to inform us of the legal angle of every single thing. Hang it on a nail occasionally and be a hiker how about it. I'm sure there are doctors here that could give us deep medical lecture on every gear choice and food item we might take or use, but they don't because it would be annoying. Hint, hint.

Sorry Mindi if this detracts from the levity of this thread but it was the prime oppurtunity to say this. God bless.
    I was writing to let Mat know his hesitation was unnecessary. Thanks for telling me my way of doing so was wrong, at least to you. That was very neccesary, especially publicly, wasn't it, and far worse than using vulgarity, too?

The Weasel

kicking around ideas for the next adventure 1Pint's Avatar
    Images

I was writing to let Mat know his hesitation was unnecessary. Thanks for telling me my way of doing so was wrong, at least to you. That was very neccesary, especially publicly, wasn't it, and far worse than using vulgarity, too?

The Weasel
    This thread is about a fellow hiker and her family in a time of stress and uncertainty. Please sit on your hands and do NOT reply, just let this stay about Mindi and her brother and our thoughts of support for them during this time. PLEASE.
    "It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life." Train

formerly amazonwoman

Quote Originally Posted by 1Pint View Post
    This thread is about a fellow hiker and her family in a time of stress and uncertainty. Please sit on your hands and do NOT reply, just let this stay about Mindi and her brother and our thoughts of support for them during this time. PLEASE.
    You are right, I shouldn't have addressed this here. I apologize.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by amazonwoman View Post
    You are right, I shouldn't have addressed this here. I apologize.
    As do I, to both Mindi and Amazonwoman.

The Weasel

Images

As do I, to both Mindi and Amazonwoman.

The Weasel
    ...and Matt.

The Weasel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++