WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Images

:banana My new tent! The Nemo Moprho... Check it out!

You who know me probably want to kill me right now after all your advice, but I decided to go with the Nemo Morpho tent. Anyway, since it's a new design, I took some photos of it to share with everyone because the web hardly does it justice for its versatility and even my photos don't show how god the room is inside. Please don't sling negativity. It's my back and my sleep and my HOME! I just wanted to share it with you. I love it! I'm not a pro, but if you have any general questions, I'll try to be of help!
    ~ Socrates
    "The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him." ~ Schopenhauer

Images

Crap, I forgot to mention to just click on my gallery of photos to see it...
    "The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him." ~ Schopenhauer

5.7 lbs for a solo tent???? Glad it's not my back.

Images

It's only 3 pounds extra than the average lightweight tent and for the features, it can't be beat. But to make up for the weight, I've decided to hike naked!

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

If your happy with it, then go with it. After all, like you said you are the one using it.

If you are hiking naked that's cool too. Just start after my mid March start date.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin_too View Post
    5.7 lbs for a solo tent???? Glad it's not my back.
    Oh and it may be a solo hike, but not a solo tent. It quite comfortably sleeps 2 people. There's no picture that does it justice. It's angles are deceiving. The only way is to stand in front of one and look in.

Images

That's a beautiful tent....I remember bringing home my 1st backpacking tent. I was so excited, I set it up in the living room for a few days !!
    Best Wishes for a successful / enjoyable Thru-hike !!

That looks like a pretty cool tent. I've been eyeing their products for a while. I bet you could save weight if you took out two air tubes and just carried one spare. When is your start date. I'd love to check it out in person.

Chicote

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Oh and it may be a solo hike, but not a solo tent. It quite comfortably sleeps 2 people. There's no picture that does it justice. It's angles are deceiving. The only way is to stand in front of one and look in.

You're a young man, Socrates. You're still thinking with your 'nads, I'm thinking of my back. Different priorities. Have fun.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chicote View Post
    That looks like a pretty cool tent. I've been eyeing their products for a while. I bet you could save weight if you took out two air tubes and just carried one spare. When is your start date. I'd love to check it out in person.

Chicote
    It only uses 2. If I took those out, it would lay flat as a rock. They run along the 2 black vertical lines. It comes with 2 spare bladders and they aren't very heavy at all. But the material is pretty tough so it shouldn't be an issue.

Images

Thanks brotheral.

Images

Oh and beginning to middle of March is my start date. Haven't decided yet. I might be starting out with a buddy so it depends.

HAHA terrapin! Maybe I should play some B-52s Love Shack music while setting it up? lol No, really, any buddy is welcome to crash with me if they need to or just wanna hang out during a storm.

Default Moprho... Check it out!

When I was a young man I hiked with 60 to 80 lb packs. Most of the weight was ammo. When I hiked the AT my pack was 35 to 40 lb. Now I try to keep my pack weight in the teens. I'm kind of slow so it took me a couple thousand miles on the AT to figure out why ultra light hikers smile so much. You don't have to take as long as I did to figure it out. Simply put you pay a price for every pound you carry. There are times when less is more. Have a great hike.

I'm curious to know what exactly is so heavy on that tent. Is it just the fabric? I experimented with inflated tubes but decided I didn't have the sewing skills needed to make the rest of the tent so I gave up.

Also, isn't that tent like $450? I've been looking at a hubba hubba with carbon poles, and maybe a new fly. With the carbon poles the hubba comes out to 4lb flat avg packed weight, for $430 (tent:300, poles 130). I will admit your tent is friggin cool though.

Images

north face tadpole 23

Images

that tent looks rather large. is it on the larger side of 2 person tent or in the middle range? my n face tad pole is on the smaller side of 2 person tents..off hand i cant rememberthe specs..i belive around 4lbs without the stakes..too each their own.......peace

Images

they have that tent at moosejaw for 423.75$..they say it is a 2-3 person tent 40sq ft and the vestibule is another 14...5.7lbs....do you need a 3 person tent for one person on the trail? trail tail is not as common as you may hope...lol anyway good luck out there

that is a sweet-looking tent. after you're married and have a baby, the 3 of you will fit cosily inside.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by iamscottym View Post
    I'm curious to know what exactly is so heavy on that tent. Is it just the fabric? I experimented with inflated tubes but decided I didn't have the sewing skills needed to make the rest of the tent so I gave up.

Also, isn't that tent like $450? I've been looking at a hubba hubba with carbon poles, and maybe a new fly. With the carbon poles the hubba comes out to 4lb flat avg packed weight, for $430 (tent:300, poles 130). I will admit your tent is friggin cool though.
    Really, it's a combination between the fabric and the air beams. Not any particular part tips the scale. You can get it for sale on moosejaw.com for $425. If you want the 4oz foot pump, which I higly recommend, that's another $65. It comes with a "blow and squeeze" inflator but I went blue in the face with that thing. Plus the foot pump has it inflated in less than a minute. Also, it can be done from the inside if weather is bad. Bewteen the ventilation, multiple doors, large vestibule, and different ways to have it, I'd say it's worth it. Some on here would disagree. But since I've never hiked with a 14 pound pack, I guess I'll never know what I'm missing out on. ; )

Images

I'm guessing Franklin, Fontana at the latest, when it gets shipped home.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++