WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Khaynie,

Have you seen or tried the Reebok Kobo Slides (Post #18)?

Do you know their weight?
    “The earth does not belong to man, man belongs to earth. ...
    Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it.
    Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.”

I picked up the Airwalk sandal at payless. Got mine for about $7. I haven't used it on the trail yet, but I think they will work well. They are pretty light. If I ever locate my scale, I'll tell you how light.
    http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...iveColor=Black
    "The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for." - Louis L'Amour

I use lightweight Teva flip flops. Crocs hurt my wide feet. These did not. They are very light, but have enough support in the arch that they were very comfortable walking around camp and towns. Beware around the campfire though. They melt very easily!

Julie

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2009ThruHiker View Post
    anyone else had an expierence with these? they look like a great deal, and look a lot like crocs.
    Yep, I have a pair as does my wife. They're comfortable, although if you have wide feet you may want to check something else out. While in Wallie World (Walmart) the other day, they had something similar to these and crocs. You may want to check there to forego the shipping charges. I never checked the price, so I don't know what the cost was.
    If I had not been able to periodically renew myself in the mountains...I would be very nearly bughouse. - Wallace Stegner in Wilderness and the Geography of Hope

I would like to throw in another vote for the payless shoes. They have the same stability and comfort of crocs for a significantly lighter package. I love mine.

Pink
    The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. - John Muir

Images

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Vi+ View Post
    Khaynie,

Have you seen or tried the Reebok Kobo Slides (Post #18)?

Do you know their weight?
    I haven't tried them, however, my buddy has a pair. While I don't know their exact weight, they felt as light if not lighter than a pair of crocs. I'll ask him to weigh them and I'll get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by khaynie View Post
    Here is another option reebok sandals
    Without knowing the weight.... ??

Images

Got a question about the AllHeart Comfort Clogs, how much do they weigh, and the sizing. I don't have a scale here. They weigh about as much as 3 CDs in their plastic cases, that's both at the same time. You could ventilate them more to lessen the weight a bit. Mine are strapless. The sizing is funky. I wear the XLG size, and my shoe size is only 9-1/2, or European 43. XLG on me is a bit loose, but better than LG, a pair of which I bought and gave to my wife. I would guess sizes men's 9-1/2 through 11 would fit the XLG. These are the "Unisex" clogs and my guess is the sizing is either Oriental influence or favoring women, since they are marketed to nurses. But whatever. They are very comfortable.

Images

Default Light as sailboat fuel

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin_too View Post
    I'm going to try and find their exact weight stat. My non hiking friend is going to think I'm nuts (wait a minute ~ he already does) when I ask him to weigh his reebok's on his kitchen scale. Perhaps I'll tell him to check out WB...then he'll understand, right?

1,710,000 steps and counting! FishBone's Avatar

Default ATC Flip-Flops

Another option is the flip-flops offered by the ATC. $17, 5oz. heavy outer tread, softer footbed, with some arch support. Funds going to a good cause, to boot.
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving." - Lao Tzu

1000+ miles, baby! (and more to come) Webs's Avatar
    Images

i'm switching to crocs after having flip flops last time. it was annoying during cold nights to have to remove your socks to be able to wear them. also, it's nice to have protection over your whole foot from thorns, mud, etc on those 90 degree water-supply hills off the trail

Images

Default Drum roll please...

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin_too View Post
    These sleek and stylish reebok sandals weigh in @ 9.25 oz. That weight is for a pair of size 10's. Lighter than Crocs - or at least Samoa's - and certainly less expensive. Sorry it took so long to get the weight...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ImkerVS View Post
    http://www.allheart.com/comfortclogs1.html

I like these. Very sturdy. I have the ventilated ones.
    I just received the All-Heart Clogs mentioned above. The only color they had left was red, but it's a small price to pay (no pun intended) for cheap, lightweight comfort. I'm wearing them around the house right now, and they are very lightweight, with great traction. The little "nubs" that touch your feet throughout the shoe are a bit irritating to me at the moment, but I'd imagine as you wear them in and get used to it, they will become an exhilarating feeling after 10 miles on the trail. I plan on testing these out pretty exstenively on a week long backpacking trip in Late February. I'll report back then as to my final opinion on them.
    Thanks to ImkerVS for pointing them out!
    You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.

In case anyone is interested the lightest waldie/croc-like clog I have been able to find is by Quark called the Liberty Sandal. They weigh in at a little less than 8 oz per pair and you can currently buy them online for under $15 here: http://islandsurf.com/Liberty_Quark_...s-p5720c5.html. That makes them about 4 oz lighter and half the price of my Crocs... I'll be carrying these on my next hike!

Anybody have more info on the Waldies? Are they actually lighter and better than crocs. I wear a size 11 men and weighed my crocs in at 13oz. That's just to heavy for a camp shoe.

I'm definitely looking for lighter options. I still can't get over how crocs look, but if they are light enough I'll get over it.

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Found these about a year or so ago at Payless and have had them on several trips now. Have even done some water crossings with them. Made out of the same material as Waldies/Crocs.

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/produ...SandalsCasuals

Light weight and secure on the foot. They are my choice now for a camp/town shoe. Went ahead and bought 2 pair cuz whenever I like something they seem to discontinue it !!

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Also those Airwalk Connect Sandals look alot like lightweight Keens. Does anyone have the weigh specs on these for size 11 mens?

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by snarbles View Post
    Also those Airwalk Connect Sandals look alot like lightweight Keens. Does anyone have the weigh specs on these for size 11 mens?
    =========================

Pretty sure mine are men's 10 (but they might be 11's). I'll try and remember to throw them on the scale tonight and give you an exact weight. I did search back on "Airwalk" and there is a comment regarding them being a "few ounces less" than Crocs.

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    =========================

Pretty sure mine are men's 10 (but they might be 11's). I'll try and remember to throw them on the scale tonight and give you an exact weight. I did search back on "Airwalk" and there is a comment regarding them being a "few ounces less" than Crocs.

'Slogger
    That would be great as I might get these this week.

Alot and I do mean alot of people were using the Keens at Philmont this year.

I personnally want something closed toe and have some protection to it. I do wear the croc's and I really like them but I am going to check out the Payless sandle...looks intresting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++