WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

I often use one of the commercial Park'n'Rides on Camp Creek Pkwy. I drive in and the minibus follows me to pick me up and drives me to the airport and drops me off at the right carrier. I meet my guests then we catch the mini-bus who drives us right to my car. I don't have to search for a parking spot, deal with traffic around the airport, or haul luggage very far.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice View Post
    I often use one of the commercial Park'n'Rides on Camp Creek Pkwy. I drive in and the minibus follows me to pick me up and drives me to the airport and drops me off at the right carrier. I meet my guests then we catch the mini-bus who drives us right to my car. I don't have to search for a parking spot, deal with traffic around the airport, or haul luggage very far.
    I've never thot of that. Good idea!

Thanks, DWM. I may use that if I ever need to go in during the day.

Hey, is there a website for Park'n'Rides? I can't function very well without one!

There are several websites for the Park 'n Ride places. Most of them are along Camp Creek Parkway inside the perimeter (I-285). I forget the name of the roads, but this can connect to you pretty directly from Powder Springs with little Interstate travel.

Google "Atlanta Airport Parking Coupons" and get more information than you want. http://www.longtermparking.com/georgia.htm is what I usually use.

But for a simple single person pickup, I'd stay with the original plan of either meeting at curbside or hourly parking and meeting at the escalator.

Default Camp Creek parking areas

I've used those Camp Creek parking areas for years when traveling on business. To be honest, I didn't realize they had hourly rates. However, I've picked up maybe 100 or so people at the airport (relatives coming in for one reason or another) I never had to walk more than 100 yards to get from a parking space to the baggage claim area, so that has become my way of choice. Besides, I wish I had a dollar for every time I checked an arrival time from home only to get to the airport to find out it had changed.

For a real devious method, one I used to use regularly, but stopped when I got an attack of the guilts is this: I would go to Delta Dash. Those of you who know the Atlanta airport, know it sits just before the ramp up to the south terminal. I'd park in their lot, tell them I was expecting a package on the particular flight on which the person I was picking up was on. Then I'd ask if I could leave my car while I went into the terminal to wait for the flight. They always "sure". Don't know if that would still work, since I haven't tried it since 9/11.

Well, that area beyond Delta Dash (and the same over on the North side) is a lower road below the hourly parking, and has a curbside ticketing and curbside puckup following baggage claim. that area has been much more friendly to loitering for arrivals.

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Speer Carrier View Post
    I've used those Camp Creek parking areas for years when traveling on business. To be honest, I didn't realize they had hourly rates.
    They don't, you pay for one day's parking, less than $10. It's worth it when I'm in our big van. I take the Perimeter around to Camp Creek and use one of the companies at the first stoplight inside the Perimeter.

Last time I picked up my daughter at the airport I lucked into a curbside parking spot right at the Arrivals area. I was about 30 minutes early and I was sure I'd be chased off and have to do some orbits around the terminal but nobody in uniform ever approached the car. I also had cell phone contact with her when she got off the plane so she knew where I was and I didn't have to leave my car.
    Last edited by Dances with Mice; 02-12-2007 at 18:59.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++