WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Blissful & PB, I can't help but think God was looking out for you in all of this. The wind and rain in north GA have been extremely heavily in the past few days. The weather forecast for the region is now calling for sunny, mild days and cool (not frigid) nights.

Images

Hey, Dino! I'm at my computer with my steel-tipped boots on, having just returned from work.

Images

::: chomp... spits out broken tooth (not to worry, dino teeth grow back) :::

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    Blissful & PB, I can't help but think God was looking out for you in all of this. The wind and rain in north GA have been extremely heavily in the past few days. The weather forecast for the region is now calling for sunny, mild days and cool (not frigid) nights.
    Maybe so, but there is plenty more where that came from as winter changes to spring in the South. I would have rather have been healthy and pinned down in my tent for a day than suffering through a nasty case of the flu. Here is to a speedy recovery Blissful & family.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Thank you SO much. Yeah, we were hoping to go Sunday, but P.B. is now coughing and won't eat anything today (which is not like him). At least his fever is gone, which is good. I'm borderline but okay. And my hubby is really tense b/c he wanted to do ten days with us due to his work schedule and now it's been whittled down each day. Well, not much you can do.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Thank you SO much. Yeah, we were hoping to go Sunday, but P.B. is now coughing and won't eat anything today (which is not like him). At least his fever is gone, which is good. I'm borderline but okay. And my hubby is really tense b/c he wanted to do ten days with us due to his work schedule and now it's been whittled down each day. Well, not much you can do.
    I'm sorry to hear ya'll are still feeling bad. I didn't realize your hubby was only going to be able to hike a few days with you. I hope you guys get well soon.....have a great hike! Hope to see ya'll out there somewhere, looking forward to reading about your hike.
    Camich

Images

Sorry to hear you are still feeling bad and PB is still ill. Hope it clears soon.

Images

just be gald this didn't happen while your were on the trail. Hope everyone gets well soon.
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Images

Default Steel-tips and spring-flowering woodland beauties

::: chomp... spits out broken tooth (not to worry, dino teeth grow back) :::
    Some must learn the hard way! You can't say you weren't warned.

Less than 30 days until I see hepaticas at my doorstep and as sure as the sun rises in the east, twinleaf will follow.
    Last edited by emerald; 03-03-2007 at 14:31.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well, I think we're gonna try to leave tomorrow for GA. Weather looks okay this week, we got a cabin at Neels Gap to rest after the week, etc. We plan to take is slower than first thought, which is good. Can enjoy it more too.

Thanks, everyone, for all your support and prayers. God bless.

Hiking Blog

Images

Default See you at Kimmel Lookout!

A send-off hike from Amicalola Falls to Neel's Gap with friends or family is a great way to begin an A.T. journey. Have a wonderful time together.

Unable to stand being inside today, I decided to do something about it. I went on a "hike" that involved a drive-by of Conrad Weiser homestead, a crossing of Tulpehocken Creek by bridge and a glissade down to Kimmel Lookout. I'm looking forward to sitting there and chatting with you and that legendary lumberjack a few months from now.

After returning to the trailhead parking area, I interrupted BMECC's new 501 Shelter caretaker and kept him from his work entirely too long. I told him about your hike and to expect you. Before departing for other destinations on my "hike," I agreed to forward him the link to your journal so he too can follow your progress.
    Last edited by emerald; 03-03-2007 at 20:46.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

but this g-d wasn't looking out for the hikers on th e trail already?
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Images

Blissful and PB are ill - the conditions on the trail last week would have been especially bad for them under the circumstances. BTW, God saved everyone starting last week from getting exposed to whatever Blissful and PB are now recovering from. Everybody won and all is well.

Congrats to you two. Hope we hear from you often as you hike.

Images

Blissful and PB are ill - the conditions on the trail last week would have been especially bad for them under the circumstances. BTW, God saved everyone starting last week from getting exposed to whatever Blissful and PB are now recovering from. Everybody won and all is well.

Congrats to you two. Hope we hear from you often as you hike.

ah but they would have been on the trail if not ill...so this g-d thangy saved them from the bad weather they would have been in by making them ill cause being ill on the trail in bad weather woudln't be good for them...so if this god would have exposed all hiker on the trail the they would all be ill and getting to rest comfortably in town out of the bad weather,,,well g-d willing

beleivers are so funny
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Images

::: said while nibbling on Steve's toes :::
    Not everyone has the same needs. Some people, no doubt, gained a lot of confidence in themselves and their ability to complete the hike as a result of being out there. Some realized they needed to get better rain gear... some realized they just weren't cut out for this sort of thing and went on to conquer other goals. Steve, I understand that without faith it is impossible to believe that everyone gets what they need - do you understand that with faith it impossible not to believe it. We are looking at the world thru a different pair of eyes.

Images

PLEASE STAND FOR THE GOSPEL OF ABBEY!

"Whatever we cannot easily understand we call God; this saves much wear and tear on the brain tissues."

THANKS BE TO ABBEY!

T
    ~

Images

Whatever we cannot understand bless us, Whatever we cannot understand bless us every one - the Gospel according to Tiny Tim

Somehow it just doesn't sound right......

Images

"PLEASE STAND FOR THE GOSPEL OF ABBEY

"Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and the hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward."

THANKS BE TO ABBEY!

Journal Entries
    Images

To Smoky Steve who is really smokin' - All I can say is, I'll trust God and you trust Abbey and we'll see who wins at the end of everything.

To everyone else - Bye for now. Love you all!!! I'll check back in when we get to Dahlonega.

Hiking Blog

Default AMEN Bro!!

Hayduke Lives!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++